Boy Scouts at the Dayton Hamvention, May 16-18

  • Bill Ragsdale
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2008
      The 57th Annual Dayton Hamvention will feature our Boy Scout program
      in a three day exhibit with a Forum presentation on Saturday morning.
      The event runs from May 16 to 18 at the Hara Exhibition Center.
      My Forum presentation features audio and video of Scouting events
      including Jamboree 2005 and the recent World Centennial Jamboree in
      England.

      The event details and presentation slides may be down-loaded from
      http://yolobsa.editme.com/W6BSA

      If you are attending please drop by our exhibit and attend the Forum
      presentation at 9 AM, Saturday, May 17.

      Also, I need Scouters to staff our booth over the three days of the
      Hamvention, May 16-18. Booth duty could run 2 to 3 hours and still
      allow plenty of time for the other activities.

      Please forward this request to those for whom it would interest.

      Yours in Scouting,

      Bill Ragsdale K6KN
      Yolo District Chair
      PO Box 1500
      Woodland, CA 95776
      bill @...
      530-867-6241 cell
    • Robert Bruninga
      Message 2 of 3 , May 14, 2008
        > The... Dayton Hamvention will feature our Boy
        > Scout program in a three day exhibit with a Forum
        > presentation on Saturday morning.

        I'm sure you are chock full of material during the Forum, but I
        would be happy to spend 5 minutes showing how we use APRS HT's
        to report troops and scores, and reports during camporees. To
        see it in a nutshell, see this web page:

        http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprsevent.html

        Next year we hope to use DTMF so that every single HT (with a
        key pad) can be used to enter reports, not just the APRS HT's.

        Bob, WB4APR
      • Robert Bruninga
        Message 3 of 3 , May 14, 2008
          Follow-up to use of APRS for HT data reporting scout events:

          Actually, it only takes 3 PPT slides to cover the subject.
          Maybe someone already talking on a similar subject might find
          them useful in their talk.

          http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/APRS-scout-event.ppt

          If you can use them. Thanks. Bob, WB4APR

          Bruninga
          > Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 9:55 AM
          > To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: RE: [ScoutRadio] Boy Scouts at the Dayton
          > Hamvention, May 16-18
          >
          > > The... Dayton Hamvention will feature our Boy
          > > Scout program in a three day exhibit with a Forum
          > > presentation on Saturday morning.
          >
          > I'm sure you are chock full of material during the Forum, but
          > would be happy to spend 5 minutes showing how we use APRS HT's
          > to report troops and scores, and reports during camporees. To
          > see it in a nutshell, see this web page:
          >
          > http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprsevent.html
          >
          > Next year we hope to use DTMF so that every single HT (with a
          > key pad) can be used to enter reports, not just the APRS HT's.
          >
          > Bob, WB4APR

          > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

          > SCOUTING and AMATEUR RADIO - FUN FOR ALL AGESYahoo! Groups
          Links