VENTURING KICK BACK WEEKEND !

  • ravennaelectronics
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15 12:18 PM
      Good day everyone.
      The Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council's Venturing Crew 9050 will be
      setting up a amateur radio station at the Gerald R. Ford Council's
      2008 Kick Back Weekend tomorrow. The station will be on the air from
      9am-5pm EST. That is 1400Z-2200Z for the UTC time.

      We will be operating on and/or near the Scout Calling Frequencies.
      Mostly on 40 and 20 meters but we may switch to other bands to help
      showcase amateur more. This is our crew's way of drawing others into
      amateur radio.

      We will be running barefoot into a G5RV strung about 40 feet up in the
      air between a couple of trees, at Gerber Scout Camp Reservation in
      Twin Lake Michigan. We will be using two call signs; N8PPQ and
      AC8AL. N8PPQ is the call sign for Dan, our Associate Advisor of
      Program and then my callsign is AC8AL. We hope to hear some scouters
      on the air tomorrow!

      Best Regards,
      Rich "Doc" Strait, AC8AL
      Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council