Re: General Class License

  • J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008

      I recently bought the N8XJK Boost Regulator unit from TG Electronics and it performs quite well!

      The model was the $150 model that is the “New” design that has the option of being put online, offline or online when RF triggered by the transmitter.  This latter mode save battery life.

      It is set up for about 14V output with a cutoff at 10V.  The output can be set for anywhere between 12-15V and the input shutoff threshold can be set to 9V, 10V or 11V.  The RF hold time is pre-set to 200ms and is adjustable as well.

      This is a well shielded unit and allows me to run my shack from a 38A-H battery that is constantly charged by a power supply  through a West Mountain Radio PWRgate PG40S.  The output of this device drives the N8XJK Boost Regulator.  From there it  powers several West Mountain Radio RigRunners.

      All very satisfactory!

      Thanks & 73,

      Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

      201.314.6964