Re: [scoutradio] Jota

  • Jon Pearl W4ABC
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 25, 2000
      Great Bill!

      I did receive an email from Don AE5K after posting my email. I hadn't read
      his email before sending mine, but given the fact that the partial call and
      QTH matched, I might have sent it anyway, with an adviso.

      Thanks for the compliments on the call. It cost me 13 bucks to get a
      callsign that was born on 1934. Not a bad deal by any standard. It's a
      little shorter than WA4LTX; is prettier; but doesn't play as well on DX.
      There's nothing like throwing an ((( X-RAY))) out there to catch their ear!
      "CHARLIE" - "CHARLIE" - see... doesn't really inspire one.

      **************
      Well I hope everybody had a great JOTA weekend. I, along with my
      compatriots here in the West Central Florida Council BSA are going to have
      to promote JOTA as never before. Our fall camporee(s) for all of our
      districts will be taking place this weekend. I'm located in the Skyway
      district and we'll be camping in the Green Swamp, in central Florida. Our
      theme will be the Pioneering MB, and as such, the boys time will be filled
      with making their way through the myriad of MB stations to complete their
      MB. I am in charge of safety and first aid, so I can't stray too far from
      the center of camp.

      Typically our council shifts every other year, from Council Encampment (best
      for radio) to District Encampment. For some reason, we are doing the
      District thing - two years in a row. It really leaves no time for a
      dedicated JOTA operation.

      As I have seen from some of your operations, it appears that you've not only
      dedicated a great amount of time to making your JOTA a GREAT EVENT, but
      making it THE EVENT!

      73,

      Jon Pearl W4ABC
      WA4BSA

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 17, 2013
        Under JOTA we can be followed on Twitter, where our frequency and
        other updates will come.
        Follow us on https://twitter.com/OZ2KVG

        Echolink: 501970

        Best regards from OZ2KVG / J