Re: [ScoutRadio] software recomendations

  • Steve Conklin
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2007
      barry whittemore wrote:
      > The BSA Troop 135 ARC has had a computer donated that is great for our needs. it is a very small case so it is portable.
      > it is a pentium 3 650MHz machine with win 98 and n 18 G hard drive. it is not a screamer but should do for what we need.
      > I am trying to load it up with software to use.
      > i am looking for Freeware to use that will run on 98 and be appropriate to Scout Radio.
      > so far i have.
      > N1MM logger. (I use this as my home logger and it is great)
      > MMTTY RTTY software that integrates directly into N1MM logger
      > MMSSTV SSTV software.
      > FireFox browser.
      > I will be using an Icom 751 (no PC interface) and an Icom 706 radio and i will be using the WINKEY interface for CW.
      > I also will be using a rigblaster for digital mode interface.
      >
      > does anyone have any other suggestions for software to try?
      > Thanks
      > Barry
      > WB1EDI/KB1NH

      If you're willing to try linux you might check out EMCpup, which can be
      found here:
      http://www.w1hkj.com/

      It's a live linux disk that contains everything you need to get digital
      modes up and running. It's designed for EmComm use, but it's really
      convenient for everyday use. It boots live from the CD and doesn't touch
      the hard drive on the machine, and can save all the user configuration
      to a memory stick (this is how I use it). Thus, you can try it out
      without affecting the Win98 that's installed on the machine.

      I used EMCpup during JOTA, and it worked great.

      Steve AI4QR
    • Dale Lamm