Re: [ScoutRadio] software recomendations

  • kg4bir@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2007
      I like the DigiPan software program for digital modes. It's free and quite user friendly.

      The little bit of logging I do I use the N3FJP package but haven't implemented anything at our scout camp as of yet.

      Good Luck,
      Dave Adsit
      KG4BIR
      Stephens City, VA

      From: barry whittemore <wb1edi@...>

      The BSA Troop 135 ARC has had a computer donated that is great for our needs. it is a very small case so it is portable.
      it is a pentium 3 650MHz machine with win 98 and n 18 G hard drive. it is not a screamer but should do for what we need.
      I am trying to load it up with software to use.
      i am looking for Freeware to use that will run on 98 and be appropriate to Scout Radio.
      so far i have.
      N1MM logger. (I use this as my home logger and it is great)
      MMTTY  RTTY software that integrates directly into N1MM logger
      MMSSTV  SSTV software.
      FireFox browser.
      I will be using an Icom 751 (no PC interface) and an Icom 706 radio and i will be using the WINKEY interface for CW.
      I also will be using a rigblaster for digital mode interface.

      does anyone have any other suggestions for software to try?
      Thanks
      Barry
      WB1EDI/KB1NH

      Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Power up!

    • Steve Conklin
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 28, 2007
        barry whittemore wrote:
        > The BSA Troop 135 ARC has had a computer donated that is great for our needs. it is a very small case so it is portable.
        > it is a pentium 3 650MHz machine with win 98 and n 18 G hard drive. it is not a screamer but should do for what we need.
        > I am trying to load it up with software to use.
        > i am looking for Freeware to use that will run on 98 and be appropriate to Scout Radio.
        > so far i have.
        > N1MM logger. (I use this as my home logger and it is great)
        > MMTTY RTTY software that integrates directly into N1MM logger
        > MMSSTV SSTV software.
        > FireFox browser.
        > I will be using an Icom 751 (no PC interface) and an Icom 706 radio and i will be using the WINKEY interface for CW.
        > I also will be using a rigblaster for digital mode interface.
        >
        > does anyone have any other suggestions for software to try?
        > Thanks
        > Barry
        > WB1EDI/KB1NH

        If you're willing to try linux you might check out EMCpup, which can be
        found here:
        http://www.w1hkj.com/

        It's a live linux disk that contains everything you need to get digital
        modes up and running. It's designed for EmComm use, but it's really
        convenient for everyday use. It boots live from the CD and doesn't touch
        the hard drive on the machine, and can save all the user configuration
        to a memory stick (this is how I use it). Thus, you can try it out
        without affecting the Win98 that's installed on the machine.

        I used EMCpup during JOTA, and it worked great.

        Steve AI4QR
      • Dale Lamm