Re: [ScoutRadio] JOTA and Possible Change of Venue

  • frank@fmaynard.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 24, 2007
      On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Fred Stevens K2FRD wrote:

      > It takes only one wimpish insensitive ignorant Council calendar
      > planner (camping committee chairman, DE, training committee, Field
      > Director, etc) with a pencil to change the date.

      Now, don't mince words, Fred! It can work the other way too. Our
      district camporee was originally scheduled for 12-14 Oct, but when they
      went to reserve the camp (not a council camp but a Metropark group camp)
      they found that it had already been reserved for an equestrian event. The
      good: The camporee got moved to JOTA weekend. The not-so-good: We had to
      dodge more horse cookies than usual.

      Our top district people and professionals are very supportive of JOTA and
      our efforts and they are aware of our desire to have the fall camporee
      coincide with JOTA weekend. Our DE even sent a press release to area
      newspapers about JOTA, resulting in several articles and photos.

      --
      Yours in Scouting,
      Frank Maynard, NF8M