RE: [ScoutRadio] Re: irlp&echolink

  • Mike Lukas
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 24, 2007
      Scott my son had a great time as a matter of fact this saturday about the
      same time that we made contact last weekend I'm going to bring up your link.
      Call it the unofficial Jota ... so be around the radios and have some boys
      he would love to talk to them....mike lukas

      >From: "Scott Thomson" <ghostrider_oz@...>
      >To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [ScoutRadio] Re: irlp&echolink
      >Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:43:20 -0000
      >
      >The problem we had was getting enough operators to be able to
      >operate on HF & the local repeaters for IRLP. Site did not have
      >access to echolink but maybe next year.
      >
      >I wasn't able to find a list of the JOTA stations that were running
      >IRLP in one place, I found some on the JOTAskedbook group but in the
      >end simply ran out of time.
      >
      >I suppose all we can do is start getting ready for next year and try
      >to 'be prepared'
      >
      >Cheers,
      >
      >ScottyT
      >VK7FREK
      >Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
      >
      >--- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Lukas" <iamadivebum@...>
      >wrote:
      > >

      > > We where doing both. We shot down the station at appox. 2pm mtn.
      >time
      > > sunday. The boys all had a great time. I'm going to start
      >monitoring the
      > > echo link and irlp now every day in the evening.. My son wants to
      >try and
      > > talk some more to Austriala. I guess he really got into it. As a
      >matter of
      > > fact he is going to start his ham classes this coming weekend...
      >Are plan
      > > next year is to set up two irlp and one echo link one Irlp will be
      >on the
      > > western reflector and the other will be used to try prearranged
      >contacts. We
      > > will again either use are club call W7ECR or we are thinking of
      >getting a
      > > special event call......73's
      > >

      > > Mike Lukas KD7SGY
      > > Pack 143 / Troop 4
      > > Lewis and Clark District chair JOTA
      > >

      > > >From: "Zach Feinberg" <kc2rss@...>
      > > >To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: [ScoutRadio] irlp&echolink
      > > >Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 10:07:26 -0400
      > > >
      > > >If you are doing either please email, i tried the nodes listed
      >and got no
      > > >one
      > > >
      > > >--
      > > >73's,
      > > >
      > > >Zach
      > > >KC2RSS

      > > More photos; more messages; more storage�get 5GB with Windows Live
      >Hotmail.
      > > http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-
      >us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_2G_0507

      Capture the missing critters!�� Play Search Queries and earn great prizes.
      http://club.live.com/search_queries.aspx?icid=sq_hotmailtextlink1_oct