Re: [scoutradio] Jota

  • William H Schwarting
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1 6:09 PM
      Jon Pearl W4ABC Thank you for your time and assistance. It
      turns out that there really was a call, N1T....a special event call
      with a very short life span just for the JOTA and the person to whom we
      owe our thanks is N1YEW , Andrew Kelley . By the way....Jon, You
      have a great call ABC . 73 Bill WR2L
    • wr2l@juno.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 24, 2000
        That was fast service. Thank you so much for the info on N1T 73
        Bill WR2L
      • Jon Pearl W4ABC
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 25, 2000
          QRZ name search (Carver Mass.) revealed:
          BRENNAN, PETER A. N1TIY CARVER, MA

          Callsign: N1TIY Class: Technician Codes: HAI USA
          Name: PETER A. BRENNAN
          Addr1: 1 CANTERBURY PATH
          Addr2: CARVER, MA 02330
          Country: USA
          Effective: 25 Oct 1994 Expires: 25 Oct 2004

          ...and now you know the REST of the story!

          YIS

          Jon Pearl W4ABC

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 25, 2000
            Great Bill!

            I did receive an email from Don AE5K after posting my email. I hadn't read
            his email before sending mine, but given the fact that the partial call and
            QTH matched, I might have sent it anyway, with an adviso.

            Thanks for the compliments on the call. It cost me 13 bucks to get a
            callsign that was born on 1934. Not a bad deal by any standard. It's a
            little shorter than WA4LTX; is prettier; but doesn't play as well on DX.
            There's nothing like throwing an ((( X-RAY))) out there to catch their ear!
            "CHARLIE" - "CHARLIE" - see... doesn't really inspire one.

            **************
            Well I hope everybody had a great JOTA weekend. I, along with my
            compatriots here in the West Central Florida Council BSA are going to have
            to promote JOTA as never before. Our fall camporee(s) for all of our
            districts will be taking place this weekend. I'm located in the Skyway
            district and we'll be camping in the Green Swamp, in central Florida. Our
            theme will be the Pioneering MB, and as such, the boys time will be filled
            with making their way through the myriad of MB stations to complete their
            MB. I am in charge of safety and first aid, so I can't stray too far from
            the center of camp.

            Typically our council shifts every other year, from Council Encampment (best
            for radio) to District Encampment. For some reason, we are doing the
            District thing - two years in a row. It really leaves no time for a
            dedicated JOTA operation.

            As I have seen from some of your operations, it appears that you've not only
            dedicated a great amount of time to making your JOTA a GREAT EVENT, but
            making it THE EVENT!

            73,

            Jon Pearl W4ABC
            WA4BSA

            > Jon Pearl W4ABC Thank you for your time and assistance. It
            > turns out that there really was a call, N1T....a special event call
            > with a very short life span just for the JOTA and the person to whom we
            > owe our thanks is N1YEW , Andrew Kelley . By the way....Jon, You
            > have a great call ABC . 73 Bill WR2L

          • Anders Lorenzen
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 17, 2013
              Under JOTA we can be followed on Twitter, where our frequency and
              other updates will come.
              Follow us on https://twitter.com/OZ2KVG

              Echolink: 501970

              Best regards from OZ2KVG / J