Share your JOTA stories on the ARRL website!

  • Brian Mileshosky
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 20, 2007

      Fellow JOTA participants –

      Happy 50th JOTA to one and all!  For years contesters have been able to post their stories and pictures in the ‘contest soapbox’ section of the ARRL website.  It’s always wonderful to read about other hams’ experiences and joys, in addition to seeing pictures of their stations and operations.

      This year ARRL, through a request by the ARRL ad-hoc Committee on Scouting, has established a section on its website for all JOTA participants – domestic and foreign – to add their stories and pictures for everyone else to read and enjoy.  Please go to http://www.arrl.org/scouts/jota/Stories/ to read the stories that have been submitted thus far, or to add your own.  ARRL membership is not necessary to post your story and pictures.

      The more JOTA participants who post their experiences, the better!  It’s a great way to ‘debrief’ from a fantastic JOTA weekend, and it will certainly encourage others to participate on the airwaves next year.

      Head over to http://www.arrl.org/scouts/jota/Stories/ and share your experience!  Please also help spread the word about this opportunity to all the JOTA participants you may know.

      73,

      Brian N5ZGT

      Chairman, ARRL ad-hoc Committee on Scouting

      www.swcp.com/~n5zgt

    • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 20, 2007
        Welcome back to the group, Brian.  It's been a five year hiatus!

        73,

        Jon Pearl - W4ABC