KOTA - event info

  • Rae Schwartz
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2007
      Many of us were introduced to Amateur Radio while we were Boy Scouts.
      This weekend your club is hosting several Scout Troops for the 50th
      Anniversary Year of JOTA, “Jamboree On The Air”.

      JOTA is an annual event in which Scouts all over the world speak to
      each other by means of Amateur Radio. Scouting experiences are
      exchanged
      and ideas shared. The Radio Merit Badge Class will be conducted
      during
      the JOTA weekend at E.Y. Mock’s Blueberry Patch north of Baker on
      Saturday and Sunday October 20-21.

      Please come on out and join us this weekend. We are
      “brownbagging”
      it individually as far as meals go.

      Or fire up that HF or VHF rig and talk with the Scouts at the NOARC
      JOTA campsite or other Scouts all over the world on any of the JOTA
      frequencies.

      BAND PHONE(SSB) CW
      80 meters 3.690 & 3.940 3.570
      40 meters 7.090 & 7.190 7.030
      20 meters 14.290 14.060
      17 meters 18.140 18.080
      15 meters 21.360 21.140
      12 meters 24.960 24.910
      10 meters 28.390 28.190
      6 meters 50.160 50.160
      2 meters 147.360 The Crestview Repeater will be
      monitored all
      weekend.

      NOTE: The World Scout Frequencies partly changed as of July 1, 2007.
      And during the 50th JOTA the following frequencies will be kept
      free from
      contest traffic by the WAG contest to reduce interference to JOTA
      Scout Stations:
      3.650-3.700khz, 7.080-7.140khz, 14.100-14.125 and 14.280-14.350khz,
      21.350-21.450khz, 28.225-28.400khz

      The bands we will work from the NOARC-JOTA site will depend on
      equipment and operators that participate and band conditions.

      If anyone needs written directions and a map of the JOTA site send an
      email to W4GMH@... with “send me JOTA info” in the subject.

      DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...