Talakto District Camporee JOTA (North Alabama)

  • Steve Conklin
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2007
      We will run a JOTA station at the Talakto District fall Camporee located
      at Sharon Johnston Park in Madison County, AL. This event should have
      about 350 scouts attending.

      We will be active all day Saturday, with peak activity from 2:00-4:30
      CDT (7:00-9:30 UTC) on Saturday.

      We will be active on HF (phone and digital modes), IRLP, and will
      probably have a SSTV station active. We will run a minimum of three
      stations.

      We will be using special event call sign K4S.

      Steve Conklin AI4QR
    • Mike Lukas
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2007
        steve what is your irlp link# ???? we will also be on the IRLP and echo
        link...

        Are IRLP#5670 Echolink #37656 KD7SGY Mike Lukas Cub Pack 143 Lewis and
        Clark District
        Great Falls
        Montana

        >From: Steve Conklin <steve@...>
        >To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [ScoutRadio] Talakto District Camporee JOTA (North Alabama)
        >Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:06:44 -0500
        >
        >We will run a JOTA station at the Talakto District fall Camporee located
        >at Sharon Johnston Park in Madison County, AL. This event should have
        >about 350 scouts attending.
        >
        >We will be active all day Saturday, with peak activity from 2:00-4:30
        >CDT (7:00-9:30 UTC) on Saturday.
        >
        >We will be active on HF (phone and digital modes), IRLP, and will
        >probably have a SSTV station active. We will run a minimum of three
        >stations.
        >
        >We will be using special event call sign K4S.
        >
        >Steve Conklin AI4QR

        Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
        power.
        http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_hotmailtextlink2_oct
      • Steve Conklin
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2007
          The guys who are handling our IRLP stuff tells me that most activity
          will be on the Western Reflector (Node 9250), so I think that's where
          we'll be a lot of the time. However, two local nodes that we will have
          access to at our site are 4641 and 4950. we'll try to monitor these for
          incoming calls.

          Steve AI4QR