RE: [ScoutRadio] Re: JOTA PLANS

  • barry whittemore
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 15, 2007
      I was able to get the Interface operating so i have RTTY up and running for JOTA. i was incorect on our Call though. we will be N1S and not W1S as i had said before.
      Things are going well, we should be on RTTY SSTV PSK31 SSB CW and Satelite. we will even have a young YL op. as well as my XYL (NE1F). we should have the ablility to be on 3 bands plus sat at a time.
      most active will be 20 M SSTV and SSB  40 RTTY SSB and CW and 17 M RTTY SSB and CW.

      We hope to work lots of scouts from all over.
      Barry
      WB1EDI  N1S

      To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
      From: DaleLamm@...
      Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 06:02:35 +0000
      Subject: [ScoutRadio] Re: JOTA PLANS

      [quote]
      Is anyone going to be running RTTY for JOTA? i am going to try if i can get everything working by then. i would love to show the kids RTTY. i will be on 40 Metrs mostly but possibly 17. we will have a 20 meter station set up with SSTV and phone so the other bands are open for me.
      we will be operating W1S from Camp Carpenter in Manchester, NH
      Barry
      WB1EDI

      [end quote]

      We will be using SSB plus PSK31, SSTV and RTTY from a northeast Ohio council camp. No set schedule, but will try to QSO with any other RTTY on the bands. Unless there's a RTTY contest, there won't be too many RTTY stations, if past experience holds.

      Kids seem to go for PSK31 because they can see simultaneous "instant messenger like" sessions in parallel, and they identify with IM, thanks to AOL, etc. Just my opinion. A few kids have mike fright, which disappears when you are using a keyboard.

      Will use my call, NX8J.

      73 de Dale