Morse Code story in Wall St. Journal

  • Frank Maynard
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2007
      http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB119161604206850468-lMyQjAxMDE3OTAxODYwMTg2Wj.html

      Article about K7QO and his efforts to preserve Morse. I'm posting this
      because Boy Scouts is mentioned in passing.

      Yours in Scouting,
      Frank Maynard, NF8M
    • Malcolm - G4CXT
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2007
        Great story!  Its hard to take in the meaning of the sentence when you listen to it, but its an interesting challenge!

        Listen to the bottom end of any band during a major contest, though, and you would be hard pushed to say its a dying habit!
        73

        Malcolm - G4CXT

        Frank Maynard wrote:
        http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB119161604206850468-lMyQjAxMDE3OTAxODYwMTg2Wj.html

        Article about K7QO and his efforts to preserve Morse. I'm posting this
        because Boy Scouts is mentioned in passing.

        Yours in Scouting,
        Frank Maynard, NF8M

      • Pete Badham
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2007

          If you check out the link with the text to speech if you listen it doesn’t send stung, it send soohn instead.

          Pete

          Frank Maynard wrote:

          http://online. wsj.com/article_ email/SB11916160 4206850468- lMyQjAxMDE3OTAxO DYwMTg2Wj. html

          Article about K7QO and his efforts to preserve Morse. I'm posting this
          because Boy Scouts is mentioned in passing.

          Yours in Scouting,
          Frank Maynard, NF8M

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.