Re: [ScoutRadio] JOTA 2007 Patches?

  • Bob Davidson
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
      Hi Steve,
        In the past I've seen where they state they only product a certain number
      of the patches, so they tell you to order before since there is no
      guarentee that if you wait, you'll get what you ordered.
        I've always ordered after the fact and received what I asked
      for, however, our JOTA numbers aren't that high.

      73
      Bob
      KB3KOW
      Zekiah Distirct

      On 10/7/07, biker51ferg <biker51ferg@...> wrote:

      To whom ever can reply:

      Do Jota 2007 patches need to be pre-ordered, or can they be ordered
      after the Jota weekend when we have an actual head count and money in
      hand?

      Thanks
      Steve Ferguson (n4pkj)
      ASM Tr 30
      Staunton, VA

    • biker51ferg
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
        Thanks everyone for your advice, thats about what I thought, just
        order as soon as you can this fall after Jota. Also have the
        provision to refund money if there is a run out...thanks again

        Dave: Good to hear from you, is there any way we can make contact for
        Jota? We will also be operating on Echo Link (I hope). Good Luck and
        have fun...Steve Ferguson/n4pkj

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Adsit" <kg4bir@...> wrote:

        > I believe you can preorder or order after the JOTA. However, I
        further believe there is a maximum number they produce and I'm pretty
        sure you have to have your orders in by December 31, 2007. Of course
        that's if they still have any in stock. We're taking patch orders at
        JOTA and sending it off afterwards.

        > Dave Adsit
        > KG4BIR
        > Shenandoah Area Council
        > Stephens City, VA

      • Bill Stewart
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
          We have actually handed out the information for ordering to the individual leaders who visit
          our JOTA site. That seems to have worked well.
          Speaking of JOTA, Venturing Crew 80, W3BSA will be operating JOTA from Fort Washington National Park, MD.
          This will be part of the National Capital Area Council, Colonial District Camporee. We will be operating around the
          Scout frequencies.

          73,

          Bill Stewart

          Dave Adsit wrote:

          We will have a station set up at Camp Rock Enon that should have most bands up (depending on propagation) as well as 40 meter (7040 KHz) CW QRP we hope. VHF and UHF locally. We have access to a local repeater that just recently added echolink. The node number is 349524 and the repeater call sign is WB8YZV; we'll be monitoring. Our camp call sign is KI4OMO; however I applied for a vanity call and will publish on this group when I receive approval which should be this week sometime.

          73,
          Dave Adsit

          Thanks everyone for your advice, thats about what I thought, just
          order as soon as you can this fall after Jota. Also have the
          provision to refund money if there is a run out...thanks again

          Dave: Good to hear from you, is there any way we can make contact for
          Jota? We will also be operating on Echo Link (I hope). Good Luck and
          have fun...Steve Ferguson/n4pkj

          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogro ups.com, "Dave Adsit" <kg4bir@...> wrote:

          > I believe you can preorder or order after the JOTA. However, I
          further believe there is a maximum number they produce and I'm pretty
          sure you have to have your orders in by December 31, 2007. Of course
          that's if they still have any in stock. We're taking patch orders at
          JOTA and sending it off afterwards.

          > Dave Adsit
          > KG4BIR
          > Shenandoah Area Council
          > Stephens City, VA

        • Dave Adsit

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
              We will have a station set up at Camp Rock Enon that should have most bands up (depending on propagation) as well as 40 meter (7040 KHz) CW QRP we hope. VHF and UHF locally. We have access to a local repeater that just recently added echolink. The node number is 349524 and the repeater call sign is WB8YZV; we'll be monitoring. Our camp call sign is KI4OMO; however I applied for a vanity call and will publish on this group when I receive approval which should be this week sometime.

              73,
              Dave Adsit

              Thanks everyone for your advice, thats about what I thought, just
              order as soon as you can this fall after Jota. Also have the
              provision to refund money if there is a run out...thanks again

              Dave: Good to hear from you, is there any way we can make contact for
              Jota? We will also be operating on Echo Link (I hope). Good Luck and
              have fun...Steve Ferguson/n4pkj

              --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogro ups.com, "Dave Adsit" <kg4bir@...> wrote:

              > I believe you can preorder or order after the JOTA. However, I
              further believe there is a maximum number they produce and I'm pretty
              sure you have to have your orders in by December 31, 2007. Of course
              that's if they still have any in stock. We're taking patch orders at
              JOTA and sending it off afterwards.

              > Dave Adsit
              > KG4BIR
              > Shenandoah Area Council
              > Stephens City, VA

            • Dave Adsit
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
                We plan on taking orders, getting the payment then sending in one order. This is the first time I've done JOTA at this level so we'll see what happens.

                Dave Adsit
                Shenandoah Area Council
                Camp Rock Enon