JOTA 2007 Patches?

  • biker51ferg
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2007
      To whom ever can reply:

      Do Jota 2007 patches need to be pre-ordered, or can they be ordered
      after the Jota weekend when we have an actual head count and money in
      hand?

      Thanks
      Steve Ferguson (n4pkj)
      ASM Tr 30
      Staunton, VA
    • Mike Lukas
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 7, 2007
        not sure I took it that you could order after.. are irlp node is 5670 and
        echo link is 37656 we will be up all weekend If you like we would like to
        set up a time to link up it might be better or at least different than the
        hf...mike kd7sgy

        >From: "biker51ferg" <biker51ferg@...>
        >To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [ScoutRadio] JOTA 2007 Patches?
        >Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 03:25:05 -0000
        >
        >To whom ever can reply:
        >
        >Do Jota 2007 patches need to be pre-ordered, or can they be ordered
        >after the Jota weekend when we have an actual head count and money in
        >hand?
        >
        >Thanks
        >Steve Ferguson (n4pkj)
        >ASM Tr 30
        >Staunton, VA

        Boo!�Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare
      • Bob Davidson
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
          Hi Steve,
            In the past I've seen where they state they only product a certain number
          of the patches, so they tell you to order before since there is no
          guarentee that if you wait, you'll get what you ordered.
            I've always ordered after the fact and received what I asked
          for, however, our JOTA numbers aren't that high.

          73
          Bob
          KB3KOW
          Zekiah Distirct

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
            Thanks everyone for your advice, thats about what I thought, just
            order as soon as you can this fall after Jota. Also have the
            provision to refund money if there is a run out...thanks again

            Dave: Good to hear from you, is there any way we can make contact for
            Jota? We will also be operating on Echo Link (I hope). Good Luck and
            have fun...Steve Ferguson/n4pkj

            --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Adsit" <kg4bir@...> wrote:

            > I believe you can preorder or order after the JOTA. However, I
            further believe there is a maximum number they produce and I'm pretty
            sure you have to have your orders in by December 31, 2007. Of course
            that's if they still have any in stock. We're taking patch orders at
            JOTA and sending it off afterwards.

            > Dave Adsit
            > KG4BIR
            > Shenandoah Area Council
            > Stephens City, VA

          • Bill Stewart
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
              We have actually handed out the information for ordering to the individual leaders who visit
              our JOTA site. That seems to have worked well.
              Speaking of JOTA, Venturing Crew 80, W3BSA will be operating JOTA from Fort Washington National Park, MD.
              This will be part of the National Capital Area Council, Colonial District Camporee. We will be operating around the
              Scout frequencies.

              73,

              Bill Stewart

              Dave Adsit wrote:

              We will have a station set up at Camp Rock Enon that should have most bands up (depending on propagation) as well as 40 meter (7040 KHz) CW QRP we hope. VHF and UHF locally. We have access to a local repeater that just recently added echolink. The node number is 349524 and the repeater call sign is WB8YZV; we'll be monitoring. Our camp call sign is KI4OMO; however I applied for a vanity call and will publish on this group when I receive approval which should be this week sometime.

              73,
              Dave Adsit

              Thanks everyone for your advice, thats about what I thought, just
              order as soon as you can this fall after Jota. Also have the
              provision to refund money if there is a run out...thanks again

              Dave: Good to hear from you, is there any way we can make contact for
              Jota? We will also be operating on Echo Link (I hope). Good Luck and
              have fun...Steve Ferguson/n4pkj

              --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogro ups.com, "Dave Adsit" <kg4bir@...> wrote:

              > I believe you can preorder or order after the JOTA. However, I
              further believe there is a maximum number they produce and I'm pretty
              sure you have to have your orders in by December 31, 2007. Of course
              that's if they still have any in stock. We're taking patch orders at
              JOTA and sending it off afterwards.

              > Dave Adsit
              > KG4BIR
              > Shenandoah Area Council
              > Stephens City, VA

            • Dave Adsit

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
                  We will have a station set up at Camp Rock Enon that should have most bands up (depending on propagation) as well as 40 meter (7040 KHz) CW QRP we hope. VHF and UHF locally. We have access to a local repeater that just recently added echolink. The node number is 349524 and the repeater call sign is WB8YZV; we'll be monitoring. Our camp call sign is KI4OMO; however I applied for a vanity call and will publish on this group when I receive approval which should be this week sometime.

                  73,
                  Dave Adsit

                  Thanks everyone for your advice, thats about what I thought, just
                  order as soon as you can this fall after Jota. Also have the
                  provision to refund money if there is a run out...thanks again

                  Dave: Good to hear from you, is there any way we can make contact for
                  Jota? We will also be operating on Echo Link (I hope). Good Luck and
                  have fun...Steve Ferguson/n4pkj

                  --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogro ups.com, "Dave Adsit" <kg4bir@...> wrote:

                  > I believe you can preorder or order after the JOTA. However, I
                  further believe there is a maximum number they produce and I'm pretty
                  sure you have to have your orders in by December 31, 2007. Of course
                  that's if they still have any in stock. We're taking patch orders at
                  JOTA and sending it off afterwards.

                  > Dave Adsit
                  > KG4BIR
                  > Shenandoah Area Council
                  > Stephens City, VA

                • Dave Adsit
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
                    We plan on taking orders, getting the payment then sending in one order. This is the first time I've done JOTA at this level so we'll see what happens.

                    Dave Adsit
                    Shenandoah Area Council
                    Camp Rock Enon