Re: [scoutradio] Digest Number 111

  • Dave Ritchie
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2000
      > Wow... we had eight new members sign onto the list sign up yesterday. This
      > usually happens when someone post's the fact that it exists, to the Scout-L
      > listserver, but in looking over the most recent emails, I see no reference
      > to it!

      QRZ.com for me also.

      One of the reasons I joined is that I want to pick the brains of the
      membership of the list regarding best approaches regarding how to
      introduce radio into Scout troops. I am an assistant scoutmaster in Atlanta,
      and I am interested in teaching classes for Radio, Electricity and Electronics
      Merit Badges.

      I was wondering if anyone has already prepared any presentation materials
      in the these areas. Any pointers to materials would be greatly appreciated
      (I would prefer to build on the efforts of others, instead of starting
      from scratch!).

      73, Dave Ritchie N4DJS

      http://im.yahoo.com/
    • Steven C. Gallafent
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20, 2000
        > That's a good idea, Milt. We'll be working as N2BSA from West Essex, NJ.
        > wonder how many other groups have "BSA" calls.

        If I remember correctly, our local (Provo, Utah) Explorer post is N7BSA.

        Steve
        AC7HV

        Steven C. Gallafent - The Computer Guy
        steve@... - http://www.compguy.com/