Re: Scouts safe

  • mstrrecd
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 4, 2007
      Joe,

      Sorry to hear about your experience. It is sad but true, as I have
      experienced and faced many of the same attitudes toward radio and
      technology. I have been a little more fortunate in a couple of
      ways. First, the opportunity to work with a scoutmaster who flew
      helicopter combat missions in Iraq and understands and appreciates
      the importance of radio communications. Also, I have had the support
      and assistance of fellow Amateurs at the district level in organizing
      an event this year.

      Our event will be held at Camp Lakota and we have had the good
      fortune to be allowed to be part of a Webelos Unplugged event to held
      there that weekend. We will be part of the regular program rotation
      serving ~200 scouts and their parents. We have a lot of neat
      activities planned. Information can be found at:
      http://pathfinder.nwsc.org/JOTA%20Flyer.pdf

      As it appears you are in my neck of the woods, I would like to invite
      you and any one you would like to bring out to our JOTA event. We
      need all the help we can get and would welcome your assistance. We
      especially need help Sunday, as there will be three morning rotations
      and then we need to tear down. Please feel free to contact me
      directly.

      Kent Ochs
      W9KAO

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Serocki" <joeserocki@...>
      wrote:

      > I need some assistance here.
      >
      > Our Ham Radio Club offer Radio, Electronics and Electricity Merit
      Badge
      > classes to over 2000 Scouts, we get 20 takers. I was wondering why.
      Then I