JOTA from Baden Powell Peak

  • D.G.
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 1, 2007
      Team:

      Anyone interested in hiking up to Baden Powell Peak for JOTA?

      We will try to get a two meter station up there with a seven element beam to work into:

        Las Vegas
        San Diego
        Bakersfield
        others

      We want to make a YouTube video of the adventure.

      N9FAA

    • D.G.
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 1, 2007
        Team:

        Anyone interested in hiking up to Baden Powell Peak for JOTA?

        We will try to get a two meter station up there with a seven element beam to work into:

          Las Vegas
          San Diego
          Bakersfield
          others

        We want to make a YouTube video of the adventure.

        N9FAA

        Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
      • n7tek
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 1, 2007
          N9FAA,

          We have had a team and a HAM on Mt. Baden Powell almost every year
          for Varsity Scouting Operation On Target. Contact Gavin Christen at
          christenpg@... (he might be able to put you in touch with
          the HAMs that have operated from and are familiar with that peak).
          They will probably need tents and cold weather gear this time of
          year. They could probably link into a 2m IRLP repeater to avoid the
          need for a beam and let HAMs from all over contact them.

          73 de N7TEK

          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "D.G." <indianaj0nes@...> wrote:

          > Team:
          >
          > Anyone interested in hiking up to Baden Powell Peak for JOTA?
          >
          > http://home.tiscali.nl/worldscout/Jota/jota.htm
          >
          > http://www.simpsoncity.com/hiking/baden.html
          >
          > We will try to get a two meter station up there with a seven
          element beam to work into:

          > Las Vegas
          > San Diego
          > Bakersfield
          > others
          >
          > We want to make a YouTube video of the adventure.
          >

          > N9FAA
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          who knows.
          > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

        • Iron Roads (KI6ABR)
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 1, 2007
            I sure wish the Inland Empire Area Council's Megaversity was not always on JOTA weekend.
            I've been meaning to get back up there and take some pictures of Wally Waldon pine near the summit.

            Does anyone know if there will be a JOTA station at Megaversity this year.
            Sometimes they have had it in the past.

            YIS,

            -Mark Z, AF6AX

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 4, 2007
              You will love this video about emergency vehicles [see KB6EMS] getting parking tickets.

              Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.