Re: [scoutradio] K2BSA & JOTA

  • Milt Forsberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
      Look for other "BSA" calls as well. I will operate K9BSA, the call of my
      troop, during JOTA on all HF bands. There are many other Scout units with
      BSA calls as well. I have often thought about trying to establish a
      "Worked All BSA" award....

      Milt Forsberg, K9QZI
      Champaign, IL

      On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Frank Krizan wrote:

      > K2BSA, the National Boy Scouts of America Amateur Radio Station, will
      > be on the air during Jamboree on the Air (JOTA) Oct. 21 & 22. Our
      > planned operation will be 1300Z Sat. Oct 21 through 0100Z Sun. Oct 22
      > and 1300Z Sun. Oct 22 through 2100Z Sun. Oct. 22. (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
      > CDT Sat. Oct. 21, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CDT, Sun. Oct. 22)
      >
      > Typical operation will be on 20m and 17m (voice SSB). Some SSTV on
      > 20m and 40m. Local (Dallas/Ft. Worth) ATV. We also expect to be on
      > APRS using the call K2BSA.
      >
      > During JOTA weekend, you will also hear several portable stations
      > using the K2BSA call sign (i.e., K2BSA/0, k2BSA/1, etc.). These
      > stations have been sanctioned through the K2BSA Trustee. K2BSA
      > (Dallas, Texas) is the National BSA station which has a permanent
      > home at Camp Wisdom in South Dallas.
    • Nathaniel Frissell
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
        That's a good idea, Milt. We'll be working as N2BSA from West Essex, NJ. I
        wonder how many other groups have "BSA" calls.

        de Nathaniel Frissell, W2NAF

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
          I know about 3 years ago, there were 5 of us all talking to each other.
          Could be interesting!

          Milt