Re: [ScoutRadio] REF: Emergency vehicles inside and out...

  • D.G.
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
      Yes, she is.

      She may be a "den mother" type role model when she is licensed.

      N9FAA

      Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@...> wrote:
      Is this gal working on a ham ticket?

      Jon Pearl - W4ABC

      > REF: Emergency vehicles inside and out...

      > BTW, off topic.

      > Here is a video I shot in California last week-end at the HAMCONN ARRL
      > convention.
      >

      > http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=vRAvKPznwFc
      >

      > Emergency vehicles inside and out...

      Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
        At 5:50 PM -0400 13/9/07, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:
        >Is this gal working on a ham ticket?
        >Jon Pearl - W4ABC

        I dunno, but if we had more like her in the hobby, we'd sure get a lot more new hams. Perhaps the League should hire her for more promotionals. Sure is easy on the eyes. But we're in the business of recruiting young new hams through Scouting and I doubt many of our targets have yet reached the point of being attracted to sweet young thangs.

        A negative commentary: many/most hams shown were old and fat, like me. I know when I was younger, slimmer (OK, MUCH slimmer), and otherwise more visually appearing, I was also involved with a family and career and didn't have much time for ham radio. Such promotionals like this should present more younger and photogenic hams to let Scouts and others know that it's not just an old man's hobby.

        73 de Fred K2FRD
      • D.G.
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
          Thanks.

          The objective is recruiting.

          If anyone knows of a J.O.T.A. station in the Los Angeles area, I am sure we can do a piece about that as well.

          We want to do a weekly 3-4 minute video past card.

          Thank you.

          N9FAA