Re: [scoutradio] Re: Eight new members

  • Jon Pearl W4ABC
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
      Hi Frank.

      Good to hear from you. I figured there was a movement afoot somewhere. I
      took a look at the SCOUT-L archives for the past several days and saw
      nothing under JOTA or Amateur Radio. Each time I post there a few more
      trickle in.

      I went to the K2BSA website and it appears that you have a wonderful radio
      station set up there. I'm sure you'll find that with the advent of a new
      APRS station coming online soon, that you'll warm Bob Bruninga's heart.
      Bob's a Scouter and a regular in here and as you know, he IS Mr. APRS.

      73, and glad to see that the our national club station is in such good
      hands!

      YIS

      Jon Pearl W4ABC
      Trustee WA4BSA West Central Florida ScoutRadio Network

      (P.S. You can find many Amateur Radio related Scouting web sites listed in
      their own directory at the new "Clubs-Scouting" listing:
      http://www.k1dwu.net/ham-links/clubs.-.scouting.phtml I have posted many of
      them there and for the life of me I don't know how I missed the K2BSA page.
      I just uploaded it today and it should appear shortly.)

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
        Hi, Jon (and the rest of scoutradio).

        It's really great to find a good youth-oriented radio group (I saw the QRZ
        ad). I'm a scout in Northern New Jersey, and it seems as though there is
        little interest. Hopefully JOTA will help change that this weekend.

        The archives of this group look excellent and there seems to be a lot of
        activity from knowledgeable and friendly people. I am very excited to be a
        new member of this list. Thank you all for the warm welcome.

        TNX es 73 de Nathaniel Frissell