Can someone in Maryland help this Scouter?

  • Gary Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
      Mr. Wilson --

      Found your name on the web as coordinator for the Central NJ
      Council's upcoming Radio Merit Badge Day in January 2008. Thought I'd
      check with you and see if you'all would consider having scouts
      outside yourcouncil attend. I'm an Asst. SM for a Troop in southern
      MD, and the RadioMB is not one typically available to our scouts.
      Thought Princeton, NJ is about 4 hour drive from here, I believe the
      opportunity might be one the boys would very much enjoy.

      Also, if you have folks you know in your ARRL network who offer Radio
      Merit Badge Counseling in eastern/southern MD, that would also be of
      high interest. If you have a chance, would welcome your thoughts, and
      thanks for all you've done in the scouting program!

      Warm Regards,

      Tom Lindgren
      BSA Troop 561
      California, MD
    • Bob Davidson
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
        Hi I Live One County Over But Currently In A Scout Meeting. Bob Kb3kow

        On 9/4/07, Gary Wilson <k2gw@...> wrote:
        > Mr. Wilson --
        >
        > Found your name on the web as coordinator for the Central NJ
        > Council's upcoming Radio Merit Badge Day in January 2008. Thought I'd
        > check with you and see if you'all would consider having scouts
        > outside yourcouncil attend. I'm an Asst. SM for a Troop in southern
        > MD, and the RadioMB is not one typically available to our scouts.
        > Thought Princeton, NJ is about 4 hour drive from here, I believe the
        > opportunity might be one the boys would very much enjoy.
        >
        > Also, if you have folks you know in your ARRL network who offer Radio
        > Merit Badge Counseling in eastern/southern MD, that would also be of
        > high interest. If you have a chance, would welcome your thoughts, and
        > thanks for all you've done in the scouting program!
        >
        > Warm Regards,
        >
        > Tom Lindgren
        > BSA Troop 561
        > California, MD

      • Bob Davidson
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
          Gary, Ment To Say I Will Contabt Him As Soon As Poss. Bob

          On 9/4/07, Gary Wilson <k2gw@...> wrote:
          > Mr. Wilson --
          >
          > Found your name on the web as coordinator for the Central NJ
          > Council's upcoming Radio Merit Badge Day in January 2008. Thought I'd
          > check with you and see if you'all would consider having scouts
          > outside yourcouncil attend. I'm an Asst. SM for a Troop in southern
          > MD, and the RadioMB is not one typically available to our scouts.
          > Thought Princeton, NJ is about 4 hour drive from here, I believe the
          > opportunity might be one the boys would very much enjoy.
          >
          > Also, if you have folks you know in your ARRL network who offer Radio
          > Merit Badge Counseling in eastern/southern MD, that would also be of
          > high interest. If you have a chance, would welcome your thoughts, and
          > thanks for all you've done in the scouting program!
          >
          > Warm Regards,
          >
          > Tom Lindgren
          > BSA Troop 561
          > California, MD

        • Bill Stewart
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
            And there are quite a number of Radio Merit Badge counselors in the National Capital Area Council.

            73,

            Bill, W2BSA

            w2bsa@...

            Bob Davidson wrote:

            Hi I Live One County Over But Currently In A Scout Meeting. Bob Kb3kow

            On 9/4/07, Gary Wilson <k2gw@...> wrote:
            > Mr. Wilson --
            >
            > Found your name on the web as coordinator for the Central NJ
            > Council's upcoming Radio Merit Badge Day in January 2008. Thought I'd
            > check with you and see if you'all would consider having scouts
            > outside yourcouncil attend. I'm an Asst. SM for a Troop in southern
            > MD, and the RadioMB is not one typically available to our scouts.
            > Thought Princeton, NJ is about 4 hour drive from here, I believe the
            > opportunity might be one the boys would very much enjoy.
            >
            > Also, if you have folks you know in your ARRL network who offer Radio
            > Merit Badge Counseling in eastern/southern MD, that would also be of
            > high interest. If you have a chance, would welcome your thoughts, and
            > thanks for all you've done in the scouting program!
            >
            > Warm Regards,
            >
            > Tom Lindgren
            > BSA Troop 561
            > California, MD