Re: 2007 JOTA logos

  • Gary Wilson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "rs_rob" <robhoitt@...> wrote:

      > You can find downloadable copies of the official 2007 JOTA Logos in
      > both color and monochrome in the files section. Feel free to use them
      > in your brochures and flyers.

      It's a nice design. I, for one, am delighted that the 2007 BSA patch
      is celebrating the 50th anniversary of JOTA and does not mention JOTI
      at all on the patch this year. Perhaps folks with any influence at
      National's International Division can keep it that way in the future to
      avoid the mistake of 2006's patch.

      I feel that JOTI should be a separate event on a different day (perhaps
      the third weekend in April to separate them) and, if needed, a separate
      patch could be created for that. To be honest, there are numerous
      penpal websites out there where kids can talk to other Scouts via the
      internet on a daily basis, but JOTA is a unique once a year event to
      showcase using Amatuer radio without any underlying infrastructure.

      73

      Gary, K2GW
    • Walter A Mixon - 662.801.6057
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 14, 2007
        Hello from the Yocona Area Council in North Mississippi, USA!

        Where can we get a JOTA patch for 2007?

        Walter Mixon, KD5NXD
        Merit Badge Instructor
        Camp Yocona, BSA