Re: [ScoutRadio] World Jamboree Highlights Online

  • Paul Joosten
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2007
      The amateur in the picture is Ivor Jordan G4GET. He wears the GB100J
      Team Members' Polo Shirt and the WJ IST necker.

      73 de Paul PA5UL, GB100J Team Member
      Gary Wilson schreef:

      I was delighted to work GB100J from home on Sunday night EDT on
      14.190. Propagation was great and I heard him calling with a S9 signal
      and no takers at the moment. I solved that for him by then spotting
      him on the cluster. He did a great job of managing the pile up.
      Prefered QSL is via the buro but there's US manager for those in a
      hurry.

      The jambo closes today but you can see some great shots of it on the
      BSA web site at

      http://www.bsawsj2007.org/ <http://www.bsawsj2007.org/>

      Picture 15 of "Global Activities" section there shows part of the
      GB100J station with 3 US Scouts being helped by a ham Scouter. I don't
      recognize the uniform but I suspect it's a UK one.

      73

      Gary, K2GW
    • Gary Wilson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2007
        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Sjaak van Dam" <PA3GVR@...> wrote:

        > Gary, I just looked in the log and you actually worked me.... Thanks
        > for the compliment ;)
        > I have all the US QSL cards (including yours) here and I will be
        > sending them out (to the buro) in a week or 2 once I get everything
        > sorted out. Just let me know if you want yours direct.
        >
        > YiS Sjaak, W4RIS

        Hi Sjaak!

        Yes you were definitely the operator I spoke to and I have your name
        in my log. I was telling you about my celebrating my personal 50th
        year of Scouting in this the 100th year of Scouting. Thanks for a
        great contact!

        By coincidence, I just caught up with writing my QSL cards this
        weekend. I'll send you mine direct with an SASE. That way I'll have
        the Jambo one in time to show to the Scouts during JOTA.

        73 and catch up on some sleep.

        YIS

        Gary, K2GW