Re: [ScoutRadio] World Jamboree Highlights Online

  • Sjaak van Dam
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2007
      Hi Gary and Group,

      The Radio Scout in the picture is Ivor G4GET and he is waring the
      GB100J polo shirt.
      The photo shows Ivor and the 3 BSA scouts operating the 2m rig that
      connected us to the local EchoLink node. We used this quite a lot as
      our Internet link went down often.

      I finally got home last night but my body is still on UK time as I am
      sending this email out at 5:40 AM Sunday morning.....
      Over the next weeks I will be updating the GB100J website with photos
      and links to photos by other team members.

      Gary, I just looked in the log and you actually worked me.... Thanks
      for the compliment ;)
      I have all the US QSL cards (including yours) here and I will be
      sending them out (to the buro) in a week or 2 once I get everything
      sorted out. Just let me know if you want yours direct.

      YiS Sjaak, W4RIS

      On 8/7/07, Gary Wilson <k2gw@...> wrote:
      > I was delighted to work GB100J from home on Sunday night EDT on
      > 14.190. Propagation was great and I heard him calling with a S9 signal
      > and no takers at the moment. I solved that for him by then spotting
      > him on the cluster. He did a great job of managing the pile up.
      > Prefered QSL is via the buro but there's US manager for those in a
      > hurry.
      >
      > The jambo closes today but you can see some great shots of it on the
      > BSA web site at
      >
      > http://www.bsawsj2007.org/
      >
      > Picture 15 of "Global Activities" section there shows part of the
      > GB100J station with 3 US Scouts being helped by a ham Scouter. I don't
      > recognize the uniform but I suspect it's a UK one.
      >
      > 73
      >
      > Gary, K2GW
    • David Hutchinson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2007
        Hi Sjaak

        Good to hear you made it back to Florida safely. We got home in the
        early hours of Friday morning with our caravan - to Antrim in
        Northern Ireland. The 500 miles on English motorways was rather
        heavy going as there were a lot of holdups. We did the journey in
        two stages - breaking our journey at a caravan park in Southport on
        Wednesday evening. The IC7400 and Ranger 811H are now wired back in
        the shack and I usually listen on 17m when I'm in the shack. I'm
        happy to arrange skeds - especially with any of the GB100J team
        members - on 17m.

        My photographs from the jamboree are at
        http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560098477pmQhSP
        and from GB100J are at
        http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560063849BbJvdZ

        I am looking forward to seeing the updated web site when you manage
        to get some work done on it.

        73 de David GI4FUM

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Sjaak van Dam" <PA3GVR@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Gary and Group,
        >
        > The Radio Scout in the picture is Ivor G4GET and he is waring the
        > GB100J polo shirt.
        > The photo shows Ivor and the 3 BSA scouts operating the 2m rig that
        > connected us to the local EchoLink node. We used this quite a lot
        as
        > our Internet link went down often.
        >
        > I finally got home last night but my body is still on UK time as I
        am
        > sending this email out at 5:40 AM Sunday morning.....
        > Over the next weeks I will be updating the GB100J website with
        photos
        > and links to photos by other team members.
        >
        > Gary, I just looked in the log and you actually worked me....
        Thanks
        > for the compliment ;)
        > I have all the US QSL cards (including yours) here and I will be
        > sending them out (to the buro) in a week or 2 once I get everything
        > sorted out. Just let me know if you want yours direct.
        >
        > YiS Sjaak, W4RIS
        >
        > On 8/7/07, Gary Wilson <k2gw@...> wrote:
        > > I was delighted to work GB100J from home on Sunday night EDT on
        > > 14.190. Propagation was great and I heard him calling with a S9
        signal
        > > and no takers at the moment. I solved that for him by then
        spotting
        > > him on the cluster. He did a great job of managing the pile up.
        > > Prefered QSL is via the buro but there's US manager for those in
        > > hurry.
        > >
        > > The jambo closes today but you can see some great shots of it on
        the
        > > BSA web site at
        > >
        > > http://www.bsawsj2007.org/
        > >
        > > Picture 15 of "Global Activities" section there shows part of the
        > > GB100J station with 3 US Scouts being helped by a ham Scouter.
        I don't
        > > recognize the uniform but I suspect it's a UK one.
        > >
        > > 73
        > >
        > > Gary, K2GW

      • Paul Joosten
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 12, 2007
          The amateur in the picture is Ivor Jordan G4GET. He wears the GB100J
          Team Members' Polo Shirt and the WJ IST necker.

          73 de Paul PA5UL, GB100J Team Member

          http://www.bsawsj2007.org/ <http://www.bsawsj2007.org/>

          Picture 15 of "Global Activities" section there shows part of the
          GB100J station with 3 US Scouts being helped by a ham Scouter. I don't
          recognize the uniform but I suspect it's a UK one.

          73

          Gary, K2GW
        • Gary Wilson
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 13, 2007
            --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Sjaak van Dam" <PA3GVR@...> wrote:

            > Gary, I just looked in the log and you actually worked me.... Thanks
            > for the compliment ;)
            > I have all the US QSL cards (including yours) here and I will be
            > sending them out (to the buro) in a week or 2 once I get everything
            > sorted out. Just let me know if you want yours direct.
            >
            > YiS Sjaak, W4RIS

            Hi Sjaak!

            Yes you were definitely the operator I spoke to and I have your name
            in my log. I was telling you about my celebrating my personal 50th
            year of Scouting in this the 100th year of Scouting. Thanks for a
            great contact!

            By coincidence, I just caught up with writing my QSL cards this
            weekend. I'll send you mine direct with an SASE. That way I'll have
            the Jambo one in time to show to the Scouts during JOTA.

            73 and catch up on some sleep.

            YIS

            Gary, K2GW