Eight new members

  • Jon Pearl W4ABC
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
      Wow... we had eight new members sign onto the list sign up yesterday. This
      usually happens when someone post's the fact that it exists, to the Scout-L
      listserver, but in looking over the most recent emails, I see no reference
      to it!

      Someone must have been busy elsewhere.

      There are 81 members to the list, as of today.

      Yours in Scouting

      Jon Pearl W4ABC
    • Frank Krizan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
        Jon,

        Someone (I think it was WA1ZCN) posted to the QRZ.com discussion
        group. That's what prompted me to get signed up.

        I've enjoyed what I've read in the archives and plan to be a
        contributor.

        73, Frank KR1ZAN

        --- In scoutradio@egroups.com, "Jon Pearl W4ABC" <w4abc@g...> wrote:
        > Wow... we had eight new members sign onto the list sign up
        yesterday. This
        > usually happens when someone post's the fact that it exists, to the
        Scout-L
        > listserver, but in looking over the most recent emails, I see no
        reference
        > to it!
        >
        > Someone must have been busy elsewhere.
        >
        > There are 81 members to the list, as of today.
        >

        > Yours in Scouting
        >
        > Jon Pearl W4ABC
      • Jon Pearl W4ABC
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
          Hi Frank.

          Good to hear from you. I figured there was a movement afoot somewhere. I
          took a look at the SCOUT-L archives for the past several days and saw
          nothing under JOTA or Amateur Radio. Each time I post there a few more
          trickle in.

          I went to the K2BSA website and it appears that you have a wonderful radio
          station set up there. I'm sure you'll find that with the advent of a new
          APRS station coming online soon, that you'll warm Bob Bruninga's heart.
          Bob's a Scouter and a regular in here and as you know, he IS Mr. APRS.

          73, and glad to see that the our national club station is in such good
          hands!

          YIS

          Jon Pearl W4ABC
          Trustee WA4BSA West Central Florida ScoutRadio Network

          (P.S. You can find many Amateur Radio related Scouting web sites listed in
          their own directory at the new "Clubs-Scouting" listing:
          http://www.k1dwu.net/ham-links/clubs.-.scouting.phtml I have posted many of
          them there and for the life of me I don't know how I missed the K2BSA page.
          I just uploaded it today and it should appear shortly.)

          > Someone (I think it was WA1ZCN) posted to the QRZ.com discussion
          > group. That's what prompted me to get signed up.
          >
          > I've enjoyed what I've read in the archives and plan to be a
          > contributor.
          >
          > 73, Frank KR1ZAN
          >
          > --- In scoutradio@egroups.com, "Jon Pearl W4ABC" <w4abc@g...> wrote:
          > > Wow... we had eight new members sign onto the list sign up
          > yesterday. This
          > > usually happens when someone post's the fact that it exists, to the
          > Scout-L
          > > listserver, but in looking over the most recent emails, I see no
          > reference
          > > to it!
          > >
          > > Someone must have been busy elsewhere.
          > >
          > > There are 81 members to the list, as of today.
          > >

          > > Yours in Scouting
          > >
          > > Jon Pearl W4ABC
          >

          > eGroups Sponsor

        • Nathaniel Frissell
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
            Hi, Jon (and the rest of scoutradio).

            It's really great to find a good youth-oriented radio group (I saw the QRZ
            ad). I'm a scout in Northern New Jersey, and it seems as though there is
            little interest. Hopefully JOTA will help change that this weekend.

            The archives of this group look excellent and there seems to be a lot of
            activity from knowledgeable and friendly people. I am very excited to be a
            new member of this list. Thank you all for the warm welcome.

            TNX es 73 de Nathaniel Frissell