K2BSA & JOTA

  • Frank Krizan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
      K2BSA, the National Boy Scouts of America Amateur Radio Station, will
      be on the air during Jamboree on the Air (JOTA) Oct. 21 & 22. Our
      planned operation will be 1300Z Sat. Oct 21 through 0100Z Sun. Oct 22
      and 1300Z Sun. Oct 22 through 2100Z Sun. Oct. 22. (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
      CDT Sat. Oct. 21, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CDT, Sun. Oct. 22)

      Typical operation will be on 20m and 17m (voice SSB). Some SSTV on
      20m and 40m. Local (Dallas/Ft. Worth) ATV. We also expect to be on
      APRS using the call K2BSA.

      During JOTA weekend, you will also hear several portable stations
      using the K2BSA call sign (i.e., K2BSA/0, k2BSA/1, etc.). These
      stations have been sanctioned through the K2BSA Trustee. K2BSA
      (Dallas, Texas) is the National BSA station which has a permanent
      home at Camp Wisdom in South Dallas.

      QSLs should be sent to KR1ZAN, 1005 Talley Rd., Garland, TX 75044.

      73, Frank KR1ZAN
      Station Manager, K2BSA
      http://www.qsl.net/k2bsa
    • Milt Forsberg
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
        Look for other "BSA" calls as well. I will operate K9BSA, the call of my
        troop, during JOTA on all HF bands. There are many other Scout units with
        BSA calls as well. I have often thought about trying to establish a
        "Worked All BSA" award....

        Milt Forsberg, K9QZI
        Champaign, IL

        On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Frank Krizan wrote:

        > K2BSA, the National Boy Scouts of America Amateur Radio Station, will
        > be on the air during Jamboree on the Air (JOTA) Oct. 21 & 22. Our
        > planned operation will be 1300Z Sat. Oct 21 through 0100Z Sun. Oct 22
        > and 1300Z Sun. Oct 22 through 2100Z Sun. Oct. 22. (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
        > CDT Sat. Oct. 21, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CDT, Sun. Oct. 22)
        >
        > Typical operation will be on 20m and 17m (voice SSB). Some SSTV on
        > 20m and 40m. Local (Dallas/Ft. Worth) ATV. We also expect to be on
        > APRS using the call K2BSA.
        >
        > During JOTA weekend, you will also hear several portable stations
        > using the K2BSA call sign (i.e., K2BSA/0, k2BSA/1, etc.). These
        > stations have been sanctioned through the K2BSA Trustee. K2BSA
        > (Dallas, Texas) is the National BSA station which has a permanent
        > home at Camp Wisdom in South Dallas.
      • Nathaniel Frissell
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
          That's a good idea, Milt. We'll be working as N2BSA from West Essex, NJ. I
          wonder how many other groups have "BSA" calls.

          de Nathaniel Frissell, W2NAF

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
            I know about 3 years ago, there were 5 of us all talking to each other.
            Could be interesting!

            Milt