World Jamboree Highlights Online

  • Gary Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2007
      I was delighted to work GB100J from home on Sunday night EDT on
      14.190. Propagation was great and I heard him calling with a S9 signal
      and no takers at the moment. I solved that for him by then spotting
      him on the cluster. He did a great job of managing the pile up.
      Prefered QSL is via the buro but there's US manager for those in a
      hurry.

      The jambo closes today but you can see some great shots of it on the
      BSA web site at

      http://www.bsawsj2007.org/

      Picture 15 of "Global Activities" section there shows part of the
      GB100J station with 3 US Scouts being helped by a ham Scouter. I don't
      recognize the uniform but I suspect it's a UK one.

      73

      Gary, K2GW
    • Sjaak van Dam
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2007
        Hi Gary and Group,

        The Radio Scout in the picture is Ivor G4GET and he is waring the
        GB100J polo shirt.
        The photo shows Ivor and the 3 BSA scouts operating the 2m rig that
        connected us to the local EchoLink node. We used this quite a lot as
        our Internet link went down often.

        I finally got home last night but my body is still on UK time as I am
        sending this email out at 5:40 AM Sunday morning.....
        Over the next weeks I will be updating the GB100J website with photos
        and links to photos by other team members.

        Gary, I just looked in the log and you actually worked me.... Thanks
        for the compliment ;)
        I have all the US QSL cards (including yours) here and I will be
        sending them out (to the buro) in a week or 2 once I get everything
        sorted out. Just let me know if you want yours direct.

        YiS Sjaak, W4RIS

        On 8/7/07, Gary Wilson <k2gw@...> wrote:
        > I was delighted to work GB100J from home on Sunday night EDT on
        > 14.190. Propagation was great and I heard him calling with a S9 signal
        > and no takers at the moment. I solved that for him by then spotting
        > him on the cluster. He did a great job of managing the pile up.
        > Prefered QSL is via the buro but there's US manager for those in a
        > hurry.
        >
        > The jambo closes today but you can see some great shots of it on the
        > BSA web site at
        >
        > http://www.bsawsj2007.org/
        >
        > Picture 15 of "Global Activities" section there shows part of the
        > GB100J station with 3 US Scouts being helped by a ham Scouter. I don't
        > recognize the uniform but I suspect it's a UK one.
        >
        > 73
        >
        > Gary, K2GW
      • David Hutchinson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 12, 2007
          Hi Sjaak

          Good to hear you made it back to Florida safely. We got home in the
          early hours of Friday morning with our caravan - to Antrim in
          Northern Ireland. The 500 miles on English motorways was rather
          heavy going as there were a lot of holdups. We did the journey in
          two stages - breaking our journey at a caravan park in Southport on
          Wednesday evening. The IC7400 and Ranger 811H are now wired back in
          the shack and I usually listen on 17m when I'm in the shack. I'm
          happy to arrange skeds - especially with any of the GB100J team
          members - on 17m.

          My photographs from the jamboree are at
          http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560098477pmQhSP
          and from GB100J are at
          http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560063849BbJvdZ

          I am looking forward to seeing the updated web site when you manage
          to get some work done on it.

          73 de David GI4FUM

          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Sjaak van Dam" <PA3GVR@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Gary and Group,
          >
          > The Radio Scout in the picture is Ivor G4GET and he is waring the
          > GB100J polo shirt.
          > The photo shows Ivor and the 3 BSA scouts operating the 2m rig that
          > connected us to the local EchoLink node. We used this quite a lot
          as
          > our Internet link went down often.
          >
          > I finally got home last night but my body is still on UK time as I
          am
          > sending this email out at 5:40 AM Sunday morning.....
          > Over the next weeks I will be updating the GB100J website with
          photos
          > and links to photos by other team members.
          >
          > Gary, I just looked in the log and you actually worked me....
          Thanks
          > for the compliment ;)
          > I have all the US QSL cards (including yours) here and I will be
          > sending them out (to the buro) in a week or 2 once I get everything
          > sorted out. Just let me know if you want yours direct.
          >
          > YiS Sjaak, W4RIS
          >
          > On 8/7/07, Gary Wilson <k2gw@...> wrote:
          > > I was delighted to work GB100J from home on Sunday night EDT on
          > > 14.190. Propagation was great and I heard him calling with a S9
          signal
          > > and no takers at the moment. I solved that for him by then
          spotting
          > > him on the cluster. He did a great job of managing the pile up.
          > > Prefered QSL is via the buro but there's US manager for those in
          > > hurry.
          > >
          > > The jambo closes today but you can see some great shots of it on
          the
          > > BSA web site at
          > >
          > > http://www.bsawsj2007.org/
          > >
          > > Picture 15 of "Global Activities" section there shows part of the
          > > GB100J station with 3 US Scouts being helped by a ham Scouter.
          I don't
          > > recognize the uniform but I suspect it's a UK one.
          > >
          > > 73
          > >
          > > Gary, K2GW

        • Paul Joosten
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 12, 2007
            The amateur in the picture is Ivor Jordan G4GET. He wears the GB100J
            Team Members' Polo Shirt and the WJ IST necker.

            73 de Paul PA5UL, GB100J Team Member

            http://www.bsawsj2007.org/ <http://www.bsawsj2007.org/>

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 13, 2007
              --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Sjaak van Dam" <PA3GVR@...> wrote:

              > Gary, I just looked in the log and you actually worked me.... Thanks
              > for the compliment ;)
              > I have all the US QSL cards (including yours) here and I will be
              > sending them out (to the buro) in a week or 2 once I get everything
              > sorted out. Just let me know if you want yours direct.
              >
              > YiS Sjaak, W4RIS

              Hi Sjaak!

              Yes you were definitely the operator I spoke to and I have your name
              in my log. I was telling you about my celebrating my personal 50th
              year of Scouting in this the 100th year of Scouting. Thanks for a
              great contact!

              By coincidence, I just caught up with writing my QSL cards this
              weekend. I'll send you mine direct with an SASE. That way I'll have
              the Jambo one in time to show to the Scouts during JOTA.

              73 and catch up on some sleep.

              YIS

              Gary, K2GW