Re: 2007 JOTA logos

  • Jon Pellant
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2007
      They DO look very nice. Are these going to be the patches that will be
      available from the scout store for $4? I noticed they didn't have a
      picture of it-- just last year's.

      Jon, w1jp

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "rs_rob" <robhoitt@...> wrote:

      > All;
      >
      > You can find downloadable copies of the official 2007 JOTA Logos in
      > both color and monochrome in the files section. Feel free to use them
      > in your brochures and flyers.
      >
      > It looks like it will make a very cool patch, have color copies on
      > hand to show folks and generate excitement in it!
      >
      > Very 73!
      >
      > Rob Hoitt, N1FSK

    • N1FSK
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2007
        Yep, that's it. I was given these from the International office. (BTW, if you look on their Highlights page at www.scouting.org/international you will see they put the logo up there.)

        Very 73!

        --
        Rob Hoitt, N1FSK
        n1fsk@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "rs_rob" <robhoitt@...> wrote:

          > You can find downloadable copies of the official 2007 JOTA Logos in
          > both color and monochrome in the files section. Feel free to use them
          > in your brochures and flyers.

          It's a nice design. I, for one, am delighted that the 2007 BSA patch
          is celebrating the 50th anniversary of JOTA and does not mention JOTI
          at all on the patch this year. Perhaps folks with any influence at
          National's International Division can keep it that way in the future to
          avoid the mistake of 2006's patch.

          I feel that JOTI should be a separate event on a different day (perhaps
          the third weekend in April to separate them) and, if needed, a separate
          patch could be created for that. To be honest, there are numerous
          penpal websites out there where kids can talk to other Scouts via the
          internet on a daily basis, but JOTA is a unique once a year event to
          showcase using Amatuer radio without any underlying infrastructure.

          73

          Gary, K2GW
        • Walter A Mixon - 662.801.6057
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 14, 2007
            Hello from the Yocona Area Council in North Mississippi, USA!

            Where can we get a JOTA patch for 2007?

            Walter Mixon, KD5NXD
            Merit Badge Instructor
            Camp Yocona, BSA