Re: [scoutradio] UK JOTA pages on-line

  • Bob Bruninga
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2000
      On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Malcolm Bell wrote:

      > Look here: http://www.radio-scouting.org.uk
      >
      > For a complete listing of all the special-event callsigns issued in
      > the UK for this year's Jamboree on the Air (JOTA).

      Can anyone identify which of those stations are APRS? As you know, anyone
      on APRS can contact anyone on the planet live, on the air, from anywhere
      with only a simple VHF APRS station due to the worldwide linked system.

      But you MUST KNOW THE CALLSIGN for the message to go in one end and come
      out the other. If we KNOW before hand all the calls of the APRS equipped
      stations, then we can SEE and CHAT with them live. Without calls, it is
      impossible. The APRS system does not have a mechanism for CQ.. (such a
      capability would flood it).

      Calls I know so far are WB4APR-7, W3ADO-7 and W3GV. I know there are
      hundreds more, but still havent seen their calls. In any case, consider
      usign the -7 SSID so we at least know that to guess at...

      de WB4APR, Bob