Thanks for the contact GB100S!!! From a Boy Scout

  • atlantaguy1232000
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2007
      Thanks to everyone who worked to get GB100S on the air! My son, who is
      a Boy Scout and a licensed ham, just worked David at 23:45 Hrs on
      14.290 MHz. It was a very special contact.

      We are going to a Sunrise Ceremony tomorrow morning, and we understand
      from David that they are having one there as well. This will make the
      event tomorrow special indeed.

      Best 73,
      Brad WB5EGI
    • neiljohnuk
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Paul Joosten <pma.joosten@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > We've finally got Internet connectivity (for how long? KYFC....)
        and a
        > little 230V so we're getting more active by the hour. Had a scare
        seeing
        > myself pictured in the tent I share with David, mni tnx OM!
        >
        > We hope to update our website http://gb100j.radio-scouting.org.uk/
        soon,
        > see you on the bands or on Echolink! Look for PA5UL on there, as
        > Echolink does not allow special callsigns.
        >
        > 73 de Paul PA5UL
        >
        > David HUTCHINSON schreef
        > > Some photographs of the GB100J station at the 21st World Scout
        > > Jamboree at Hylands Park in Essex are available at
        > > http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560063849BbJvdZ
        > > The station is now active and can arrange skeds.
        > > Dr Dave GI4FUM (GB100J team member)

        How are things going now Paul?
        I gather the political outfall is starting to get to David and others
        from the host nation, typical S.A. B.S. with toe the line or get out
        (foxtrot oscar if you don't like it, from the commercailly motivated
        people trying to sell the image, rather than the reality)...

        Niel, G1DQX.