2007 JOTA logos

  • rs_rob
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
      All;

      You can find downloadable copies of the official 2007 JOTA Logos in
      both color and monochrome in the files section. Feel free to use them
      in your brochures and flyers.

      It looks like it will make a very cool patch, have color copies on
      hand to show folks and generate excitement in it!

      Very 73!

      Rob Hoitt, N1FSK
    • Jon Pellant
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2007
        They DO look very nice. Are these going to be the patches that will be
        available from the scout store for $4? I noticed they didn't have a
        picture of it-- just last year's.

        Jon, w1jp

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "rs_rob" <robhoitt@...> wrote:

        > All;
        >
        > You can find downloadable copies of the official 2007 JOTA Logos in
        > both color and monochrome in the files section. Feel free to use them
        > in your brochures and flyers.
        >
        > It looks like it will make a very cool patch, have color copies on
        > hand to show folks and generate excitement in it!
        >
        > Very 73!
        >
        > Rob Hoitt, N1FSK

      • N1FSK
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2007
          Yep, that's it. I was given these from the International office. (BTW, if you look on their Highlights page at www.scouting.org/international you will see they put the logo up there.)

          Very 73!

          --
          Rob Hoitt, N1FSK
          n1fsk@...
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
            --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "rs_rob" <robhoitt@...> wrote:

            > You can find downloadable copies of the official 2007 JOTA Logos in
            > both color and monochrome in the files section. Feel free to use them
            > in your brochures and flyers.

            It's a nice design. I, for one, am delighted that the 2007 BSA patch
            is celebrating the 50th anniversary of JOTA and does not mention JOTI
            at all on the patch this year. Perhaps folks with any influence at
            National's International Division can keep it that way in the future to
            avoid the mistake of 2006's patch.

            I feel that JOTI should be a separate event on a different day (perhaps
            the third weekend in April to separate them) and, if needed, a separate
            patch could be created for that. To be honest, there are numerous
            penpal websites out there where kids can talk to other Scouts via the
            internet on a daily basis, but JOTA is a unique once a year event to
            showcase using Amatuer radio without any underlying infrastructure.

            73

            Gary, K2GW
          • Walter A Mixon - 662.801.6057
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 14, 2007
              Hello from the Yocona Area Council in North Mississippi, USA!

              Where can we get a JOTA patch for 2007?

              Walter Mixon, KD5NXD
              Merit Badge Instructor
              Camp Yocona, BSA