UK JOTA pages on-line

  • Malcolm Bell
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2000
      Look here: http://www.radio-scouting.org.uk

      For a complete listing of all the special-event callsigns issued in
      the UK for this year's Jamboree on the Air (JOTA). Where possible
      links to home pages and JOTI e-mail addresses are included.

      As well as a whole host of resources for JOTA and other radio
      Scouting activities look out particularly for the welcome message
      from G3BHK, who was the young man in 1957 who suggested the whole
      concept of JOTA in the first place! Drop him an e-mail, he would be
      delighted to know what it means for you and your groups!

      Look out particularly for GB2TWH, who are looking for contacts with
      US stations (e-mail address for skeds can be found on the WEB site).

      Finally, if you find our site useful during JOTA then ask one of your
      Scouts to leave a message in our guest book!

      73, and good luck in JOTA .... have a good one!

      Malcolm G4CXT
    • Bob Bruninga
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2000
        On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Malcolm Bell wrote:

        > Look here: http://www.radio-scouting.org.uk
        >
        > For a complete listing of all the special-event callsigns issued in
        > the UK for this year's Jamboree on the Air (JOTA).

        Can anyone identify which of those stations are APRS? As you know, anyone
        on APRS can contact anyone on the planet live, on the air, from anywhere
        with only a simple VHF APRS station due to the worldwide linked system.

        But you MUST KNOW THE CALLSIGN for the message to go in one end and come
        out the other. If we KNOW before hand all the calls of the APRS equipped
        stations, then we can SEE and CHAT with them live. Without calls, it is
        impossible. The APRS system does not have a mechanism for CQ.. (such a
        capability would flood it).

        Calls I know so far are WB4APR-7, W3ADO-7 and W3GV. I know there are
        hundreds more, but still havent seen their calls. In any case, consider
        usign the -7 SSID so we at least know that to guess at...

        de WB4APR, Bob