Camp Operating Location Announcement (COLA)

  • kx1x@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 10, 2007
      Camp Operating Location Announcement (COLA)

      Scout camp Name: Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation (HAMSR), Pioneer Valley Council
      Location: Russell, Massachusetts (WMA)
      Operating Days: Tues & Thurs July 10 through August 2
      Operating Times: 7 - 9 PM (EDT)
      Call Sign: NE1C (BSA Venture Crew 510 Club Call)

      The Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation in Russell, MA (WMA) will be offering Radio Merit Badge for the 9th consecutive year during summer camp. Ops are:
      John, Kx1x at night for all weeks, on site the entire 3rd week, July 22-28
      Mike, K1KAA on camp staff (ex KB1FWN, K2BSA '05 staffer)
      Jake, KB1NSN during week 2, July 15-21 (12 yrs. old)

      We have HF (IC746 with a TA33 up 55' and a G5RV up 20') and 2m.
      This year, Venture Crew 510 (DX) is sponsoring a Technician License class in September and October, open for all but geared for youth. The hope is to bolster youth interest in ham radio and revitalize an aging Venture Crew.

      '73 de Kx1x
    • Jack Rueckel
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12, 2007
        Scout camp Name: Winnebago Scout Reservation (WSR), Patriot's Path
        Council
        Location: Rockaway, NJ (NNJ)
        Operating Days: Tues & Thurs July 12 through July 26
        Operating Times: 6 - 9 PM (EDT)
        Call Sign: N2NHN

        The operation is to be in conjunction with a Radio Merit Badge program
        at the three Boy Scout Summer Camp sessions. A possibility exists for
        continued operation from Cub Resident Camp into and through August 2nd.
        At this time antennas include an OSF dipole and and R7 vertical on HF,
        and some 2-meter activity.

        N2NHN will be resident in the camp during the week of July 15-21, whiz
        may result in additional operating time. I am available via cell at
        (973)703-2253

        73,
        Jack N2NHN
        Scoutmaster, Troop 48 Hamburg
      • atlantaguy1232000
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 13, 2007
          Scout camp Name: Woodruff Scout Reservation, Blairsville, GA
          Operating Days: Monday-Thursday
          Operating Times: 7 - 9 PM (Eastern)
          Call Sign: WB5EGI

          This is a COLA announcement for Troop 77, Hightower Trail, Atlanta Area
          Council. We will be at Woodruff Scout Reservation from Sunday, July 15
          through Saturday, July 21. This is our first year trying this, so I do
          not know successful we will be. We will have an Alinco DX-70 running
          into a longwire strung in the trees and will be following the SCCP.

          73,
          Brad WB5EGI
          Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 77 Atlanta
        • Bob Davidson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 14, 2007
            Scout camp Name: Camp Powhatan, Va (Blue Ridge Mountains Scout Reservation)
            Operating Days: Monday-Friday
            Operating Times: SCCP
            Call Sign: KB3KOW

            This is a COLA announcement for Troop 1780, Zekiah District, NCAC.
               We will be at Camp Powhatan in Virginia (Pulaski County) at the
            Blue Ridge Mountains Scout Reservation July 15
            through Saturday, July 21.  Equipment will be an FT-857 running off of a
            battery and a dipole in the trees.  In addition to voice, will also have
            a PC for any of the digital modes.

            73
            Bob
            KB3KOW

          • ka3bsa
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 22, 2007
              Scout Camp Name: Camp Olmstead, Va (Goshen Scout Reservation)
              Operating Days: Monday-Friday 7/23/07 - 8/3/07
              Operating Times: SCCP
              Call Sign: KA3BSA

              This is a COLA announcement for Troop 1083, Rock Creek District,
              National Capital Area Council.

              We will be at Camp Olmstead in Goshen, Virginia (Rockbridge County) at
              the Goshen Scout Reservation July 22rd through August 4th. Equipment
              will be an IC-706 running off of a battery with solar cell battery
              charger and a dipole antenna in the trees. Modes will be SSB and some
              CW. Hope there is some propagation.

              73
              Mike
              N3GPE
            • ki4ltx
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 14, 2008
                Camp Operating Location Announcement (COLA)
                Scout Camp Name:Camp La-No-Che
                Location: Paisley, Florida
                Operating Days:June 22-38, 2008
                Operating Times: SCCP as schedule permits
                Operating Frequencies: SCCP +/- QRM
                Troop 101, Fort Myers, Fl. de John Hendricks KI4LTX
              • ki4fus@bellsouth.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 14, 2008
                  Where do I go to list an operating schedule ? I am going to be at summer camp for the next three weeks and I am going to set-up an HF station for the boys to talk on.I have not got the times or frequencies  set yet. Does anybody have any suggestions for frequencies? I need to "plug-into" the scouting radio page but I do not know it. Can anyone help me out?

                  Leading Scouts into the twenty-first century
                  Curtis W. Jennings
                  ASM T-7-Auburn Alabama
                  UC
                  Emergency Preparedness/radio MB instructor
                  Chattahoochee Scout Reservation
                  Camp Lumpkin,Georgia
                  -------------- Original message from "ki4ltx" <ki4ltx@...>: --------------

                  Camp Operating Location Announcement (COLA)
                  Scout Camp Name:Camp La-No-Che
                  Location: Paisley, Florida
                  Operating Days:June 22-38, 2008
                  Operating Times: SCCP as schedule permits
                  Operating Frequencies: SCCP +/- QRM
                  Troop 101, Fort Myers, Fl. de John Hendricks KI4LTX

                • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 15, 2008
                    ARRL Youth Skeds Database:  http://www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/youthskeds/

                    Jon Pearl - W4ABC

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 14, 2009
                      Camp Operating Location Announcements (COLA)

                      Camp Operating Location Announcement (COLA)
                      Scout Camp Name: BSA Woodruff Scout Reservation
                      Location: Blairsville, Ga.
                      Operating Days: June 21-26
                      Operating Times & Frequencies: SCCP as schedule permits

                      Troop 101, Fort Myers, Fl. de John Hendricks KI4LTX