JOTA

  • Alan Stumpf
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 29, 2000
      Are you Ready to Radiooooo........
      With JOTA 2000 just 21 days your JOTA should be ready to go.

      Would anyone like to setup a sked? *
      Is anyone running SSTV? We will be and I have heard activity during JOTA is scarce.
      Is anyone running any other special modes on HF?
      Anyone within 300 miles of Pittsburgh, PA going to be on 6m or 2m SSB? *

      * Reply to me

      Also I contacted Jean Wolfgang, WB3IOS ARRL Educational Programs Coordinator about Radio Merit Badge requirement 7a5 Here is his answer:

          "Since you were to explain the differences between 2 license classes, please
          use the technician and general."

      73's

      Alan Stumpf, KB3DHC
      KB3DHC@...
      http://pages.prodigy.net/aws69/
      North Hills Amateur Radio Club
        JOTA Committee Chair

    • Elden
      Message 41 of 41 , Jun 8, 2012
        The Kennehoochee Amateur Radio Club supports the Merit Badge University at Kennesaw State University. They have approximately 100 merit badge classes and have around 1000 participants. The Club sets up a station in the Common Green at the college for scouts to participate on JOTA.

        This will be my eighth year teaching the Radio Merit Badge Class.

        ELDEN MORRIS, N1MN
        Radio Merit Badge Counselor
        Covered Bridge & Foot Hills Districts
        Atlanta Area Council