Re: Summer sched

  • wb8wtu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 25, 2007
      I'll be spending a week at Seven Ranges Scout Reservation in NE Ohio from July 9 through July
      14. I'll be QRV with an Icom 703+ and K1. Will be using the SCCP evening schedule - 2300Z
      on 20 meters USB and 0100Z on 40 meters CW (contrary to summer camp protocol, I will
      NOT be using a "bug").

      73,
      dennis
      wb8wtu
    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 26, 2007
        At 5:27 PM +0000 25/6/07, wb8wtu wrote:
        >I'll be spending a week at Seven Ranges Scout Reservation in NE Ohio from July 9 through July
        >14. I'll be QRV with an Icom 703+ and K1. Will be using the SCCP evening schedule - 2300Z
        >on 20 meters USB and 0100Z on 40 meters CW (contrary to summer camp protocol, I will
        >NOT be using a "bug").
        >
        >73,
        >dennis
        >wb8wtu

        Um, Dennis, I couldn't find any reference to use of a bug in the SCCP. Maybe I missed it. We HAVE discussed working out any bugs from time to time. :-D

        73 and YIS de Fred K2FRD
      • Tony Wevers
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 26, 2007
          Just a note from experience: (on the lighter side)

           Bugs are reserved for the summer camp food service's "magic elixir" known as "Bug Juice", and sometimes jump out of the vat into the ever popular meatloaf........mmmmmm..............can't wait to get some.

          73 and YIS de Tony N2JZW

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 26, 2007
            Why am I not surprised that somebody would jump onto the horse and buggy bandwagon with an old Scout Camp favorite. :-D BTW, it took years (decades, actually) to convince the Camp Director at my old Scout Camp that bug juice with its SHF sugar levels at lunch was making the kids bounce off the tent walls and trees. It finally was switched for milk. A shame, really. The purple stuff (purportedly "grape") made great homebrew popsicles.

            73 and YIS de Fred K2FRD

            --
            73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD, VO2FS
            http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/K2FRD.html