Re: [ScoutRadio] W3BOY Scout Camp

  • Gregg Martell
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 17, 2007
      Well if you get desperate for contacts (doubtful), I'm in Lancaster
      County and we could something on 2M simplex. You're in a bit of a RF
      hole being in the southern end of the county, but it's
      possible. Easier to talk down into MD, than it is north of that
      location. There used to be a number of regulars on 2M simplex
      located in the southern end of York county that would be easy to
      contact. I haven't listened for them in a while, so I'm not 100%
      they're still active.

      BTW, Camp Ware is a really nice camp. I've been there for
      out-of-council camping weekends with our troop and was very impressed
      with the facilities.

      Gregg
      KI3G

      At 11:12 PM 6/16/2007, you wrote:
      >Hi All,
      >
      >W3BOY will be operating from Camp Ware, in Southern Chester County, PA
      >during the week of June 24 to June 30. We will have at least 2 HF
      >station up and running most of the time. Monday has been designated at
      >radio night for any scout in camp who wishes to participate.
      >
      >This is a special camp week because it is also Science Camp where the
      >our of the odinary badges are being taught.
      >
      >Come join us on the air. Hope to have APRS up and running also.
      >
      >73's
      >
      >YIS
      >
      >Jim Mc Nichol, N3LBY
      >

      >Check out the UK Radio-Scouting page here at Yahoo!Groups.
      >
      >Now that you've got new licensees in your unit, why not have them
      >subscibe to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadioYouth
      >
      >Visit "Operation On Target BSA" Mountain Top Signaling:
      >http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • James Mc Nichol
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 20, 2007
        Paul,

        I don't know if we will have direct internet access at camp to make use
        if echolink.

        I will look into it.

        Regards,

        Jim
      • Chikai (Paul Joosten)
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2007
          Jim,

          Hope that works out. Alternatively you could connect through any Echolink repeaters in the area. If you do get direct access, put the word "Scout" into your location description, it will certainly draw other scout contacts from around the world. An entry in the activity section on the  forum on scouting100award.org wouldn't hurt either.

          A firm left handshake and 73,

          Paul PA5UL

          James Mc Nichol schreef:

          Paul,

          I don't know if we will have direct internet access at camp to make use
          if echolink.

          I will look into it.

          Regards,

          Jim