RE: [ScoutRadio] Could we use group calendar to post operating activities?

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 21 , May 21, 2007
      Frank, as I mentioned earlier, the K2BSA ARA (KARA) site would be my personal choice for a calendar of ham-Scouting events if for no other reason than KARA, as the predominant ham-Scouting website will be not just a US but also international site dedicated to ham-Scouting without non-Scouting/youth calendar events mixed in. Simple, automatic, and reduction of administrator time works best for me.

      I also realize that KARA, like all Scouting and youth organizations is run by volunteers with outside lives (families, jobs, car repairs, medical visits, and other commitments), not by paid professionals. It's not gonna happen overnight. So, I implore others to be patient and wait for the local organizational and online activists to get the chance to get the job done.

      73 and YIS de Fred K2FRD

      At 10:22 PM -0500 21/5/07, Frank Krizan wrote:
      >I personally like the idea of an online form that registered users can fill out. The form software can create a "form letter" to be sent to ScoutRadio@Y... , plus post automatically on a sortable list (kind of a table format calendar). This reduces the workload on the administrator and puts the load on the originator. We may also add a unique pass code for each entry so the originator can update their entry as required.
      >
      >I like simple and automatic.
      >
      >Where would this be? Our goal is on the new K2BSA Amateur Radio Association web site.
      >
      >Stay tuned.
      >
      >73, Frank KR1ZAN

      Editor-Publisher
      OCARG EAGLE newsletter for international ham-Scouting news.
      "The only regularly published ham-Scouting newsletter in the world."
      No spam, no cost, no advertisements, no commitments, just ham-Scouting.
      http://ocarg.org Subscribe: mailto:subscribe@...