Re: [scoutradio] Digest Number 104

  • Dave Colter
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2000
      That's what Ernie is saying alright. He has tried larger groups at the radio
      and found that the experience was severely diminished. B-P had tremendous
      foresight, don't you think? The other factor is total time - he ran his JOTAs
      for one troop, so each patrol managed to get significant time on the air.
      We're having JOTA at our fall camporee. Unfortunately, our district camporee
      chairman has planned the entire camporee around having entire troops move from
      activity to activity on a 45 minute schedule - JOTA is only one of a half
      dozen activities. We're working with him to modify that plan, or to add
      enough capacity and staff at our end to accomodate it by breaking troops up
      into patrol sized groups.
      Dave