Re: [scoutradio] FRS Radios

  • Bob Bruninga
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2000
      I wrote:
      > For your voice comms in-and-around your APRS event, I just noticed that
      > R.S has their $99 #21-1810 FRS radios on clearance sale for $20 each:
      <snip>
      > Being replaced by #21-1813 for $99 which LOOKS IDENTICAL...

      And the reason is... My #21-1810 sucks. Got it out on the trail and
      audio sounds crummy, and I lost my daughter completely on the #12-1810
      model while I still had 100% comms on my cheap single channel off-brand
      "Whistler". So for $20 its nice to have an all channel/all tone model,
      but you get what you pay for...

      From my survey of all stores, Radio shack had the highest prices. almost
      by a factor of TWO for some of the full featured radios..

      bob