Re: [scoutradio] RE: [REACT-L] An Idea

  • Jon Pearl W4ABC
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2000
      Thanks for bringing the information on this discussion to the scoutradio
      list Bob. I remember months ago we worked to come up with a quasi-dedicated
      group of channel assignments for Scout Camps etc. I'm working on a new
      ScoutRadio web page at the present and I want to make it very clear that FRS
      can be an integral component for most everything short-range, from
      emergencies and land navigation, to logistics. It of course doesn't hurt
      that the band is UHF-FM, utilizing PL notes for privacy, and very near to
      our own 70cm. band.

      Citizen Band, GMRS, Cell Phones, land lines and Amateur Radio in the hands
      of a net control station at a large event, can't be beat.

      Jon Pearl W4ABC