table top demonstration

  • k5hal
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2007
      I am told that the last Jamboree used some sort of demonstration unit
      to show how inductances and capacitors worked. This had switches,
      indicating lamps and components.
      I would appreciate any information on this for the purpose of training
      scouts for the Technician Class license at our annual Radio Camp in
      late June. I would like schematics, links to information, whatever is
      out there.
      Regards, cullen K5HAL
    • Allan R. Batteiger
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2007
        k5hal wrote:
        > I am told that the last Jamboree used some sort of demonstration unit
        > to show how inductances and capacitors worked. This had switches,
        > indicating lamps and components.
        > I would appreciate any information on this for the purpose of training
        > scouts for the Technician Class license at our annual Radio Camp in
        > late June. I would like schematics, links to information, whatever is
        > out there.
        > Regards, cullen K5HAL

        Cullen
        I have a PPT presentation used for Technician License training on my
        ftp site. It is used by a number of Amateurs around the country. I
        have had good success using it with scouts.
        http://www.rtsi.com/~HRInstructor go to the Technician dir and
        download the files. There is also a study guide that goes with the
        slides. With the new question pool that went into effect last July,
        knowledge of components is no longer required for the Technician class
        license. These files are free to anyone using them to teach Amateur
        Radio Classes.

        Allan - WB5QNG
      • NA0S - Kevin Cutright
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2007

          The link appears to be dead.

          Please advise.

          Kevin

          NA0S

          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2007
            Kevin
            I had a server issue tonight. it should be working now.

            Allan