Scout radio

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2007
      Hey scout hams,
      My name is Robert (KI6DFB), I just joined the group, can someone
      tell me the purpose of the group (general radio, scouting, scout radio
      nets, etc.) Thanks

      Robert
      KI6DFB
    • Frank Krizan
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2007

        Hi Robert,

        Welcome aboard.   I think if you’ll go back to the group’s intro page at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadio/ you’ll see the stated purpose of the group.  You can get a flavor of topics discussed by reviewing some of the postings in the email archives and while you’re at it, take a look in the files section to find some useful RadioScouting stuff.

        73, Frank KR1ZAN

        Garland, TX

        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2007
          Robert,

          If you signed up the old-fashioned way you might not have access to
          the group homepage.

          In case that isn't something you want to do, here is the description:

          "This Email list was created for Scouts and Scouters to express ideas,
          further Scouting and Amateur Radio and to provide a place where
          messages can be exchanged in an effort to keep up to date on
          Scouting/Amateur Radio and JOTA activities. "

          -Mark Z, AF6AX

          PS Congrats on the new license

          On 5/3/07, Robert <piraterob@...> wrote:

          > Hey scout hams,
          > My name is Robert (KI6DFB), I just joined the group, can someone
          > tell me the purpose of the group (general radio, scouting, scout radio
          > nets, etc.) Thanks
          >
          > Robert
          > KI6DFB
          >
          > _