Invitation for a Sked at our Camporee, May 5

  • Bill Ragsdale
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2007
      You and your Scouts are invited to setup a sked with special event station W6Y at our Camporee Yolo: Survior on May 5, 2007.

      W6Y will be active from 1700 Z to 2300 Z, May 5, (10 AM PDT to 4 PM PDT, May 5) on frequencies 14.290, 7.190 MHz SSB plus  IRLP 5750 or Echolink 107315.  The station is located at 38N 27.307 121W 59.875  We are located near Davis, CA, 20 miles west of Sacramento, CA.

      W6Y is sponsored by the Yolo District Boy Scouts and the Yolo Amateur Radio Society.  The theme is Survivor Yolo: Shelter, Water, Fire & Food which stresses survival skills with limited equipment.  Scouts will be challenged to use three methods to create fire without matches, harvest water, build a solar still, cook without utensils and build a shelter with natural materials.

      More information is posted at http://yolobsa.editme.com/W6Y

      Graphic QSL cards are available from Bill Ragsdale, K6KN, PO Box 1500 Woodland, CA 95776.
    • barry whittemore
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2007
        KB1NH (the BSA Troop 135 ARC) will be on the air from 0800 to 1600 or so
        Local Eastern time from Camp Carpenter in Manchester, NH. This will be an
        "add on" event for the Cub Scout Chuckwagon Derby. I hope to have boys on
        when they can and will get them on the air as often as i can. QSL cards will
        be made up after the event as a special Photo card for all who desire one.
        Once it is made i will upload to QRZ.com. Please SASE for card. Operation
        will be with 100 watts into simple antennas. i only have 10-80 with no WARC
        band antennas at the present time.
        Camp Carpenter is a Cub Scout camp in Manchester and is the home of the
        world famous Lawrence Lee Scout Museum. It has the largest collection of Max
        Silber Belt buckles existing. (you know you have heard of Max.) Max was a
        great contributer to the Museum and a frequent guest as NH was his home turf
        for many years.
        at present the ops for the event will be.
        WB1EDI Thats Me.
        NE1F Thats my Wife, Mary(the YL)
        N1FSK Thats Rob
        I will not likely have any idea of other guest ops much before the event but
        hope to have others.
        Thanks and if you would like a Sked please let me know.
        i will have SSB and CW available but if you like cw please keep under 15wpm
        or so as i am not a fast CW op. i do love CW and will be running a Straight
        Key. Rob and Mary will not be doing any CW.

        YIS es 73
        Barry WB1EDI/KB1NH dit dit

        Can�t afford to quit your job? � Earn your AS, BS, or MS degree online in 1
        year.
        http://www.classesusa.com/clickcount.cfm?id=866145&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.classesusa.com%2Ffeaturedschools%2Fonlinedegreesmp%2Fform-dyn1.html%3Fsplovr%3D866143