Backpacking

  • Jack Rueckel
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2007
      There has been a slight postponement of our AT backpacking trip. Please
      note that N2NHN-7 hopes to depart Monday April 10th, pulling off the
      trail on Wednesday.

      Tnx,
      Jack N2NHN

      Scoutmaster, Troop 48 Hamburg

      http://troops.scouter.com/nj/n2nhn/
    • Jack Rueckel
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2007
        For those that had an opportunity, we found that we (N2NHN-7) were
        able to generate some nice traces (4/10), especially as we came north
        toward Culvers Gap and Sunrise Mountain. Our last day (Wednesday
        4/11) would have been great, had I remembered to turn the HT back up
        to full power.
        Just for your informational purposes, the two IC91 battery packs
        ran the radio for the three days, primarily operating during walking
        time. This included some repeater access, as well. The 7.2v 2800mAh
        lithium pack that I purchased ran the TinyTrak3Plus and GPS for the
        entire period. I did have an unneeded backup pack.

        WE WILL BE BACK ON THE AT ON SATURDAY APRIL 21 and 22 WITH TROOP 48
        HAMBURG, NJ IN THE DWGNRA and Worthington State Forest.

        tnx,
        Jack N2NHN