MFJ 9400 series "Adventure" radios

  • Bill Banner
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3 5:17 PM
      Has anyone here had any experiences, good or bad/first or second hand,
      with the MFJ "Adventure" 9400 series of radios? I am looking at the
      9420 SSB or 9440 SSB model, a gel cell, and tuned wire dipole for
      troop use, hiking and camping. The trial run, if we go this route,
      will be 07/08-07/14 at Camp Fife in the shawdow of Mt Rainier in
      Washington State. Thanks all in advance!

      Bill Banner-KE7LAR
      Scoutmaster, Troop 888
      Ritzville, WA USA
    • Mark Andrews
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3 7:32 PM
        Bill,

        I've had a 9406 for years. It is a great radio. This series has been a
        mainstay of MFJ for many years. I don't think you can go wrong by
        ordering one.

        Mark, N4FH
        Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 219
        Cullman, AL