Please invite all units in your council

  • Fort Knox Scouting Community
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3 1:19 PM
      Ma'am, Sir,

           The Scouts of Fort Knox would like to invite all scout units, scouts, and scout leaders in your council to come down and participate in the 6th annual Future Leaders Day with us.

           On the weekend of 3-5 AUG 07, scouts from all over are invited to come to Ft Knox, camp on the installation if they'd like, and participate in the events that Saturday.  The Registration form, which can be downloaded on the website, gives you an idea of the kind of events which we will be offering at the event.  Registration is also available online at http://www.knoxscouting.org/FLD/FLDindex.htm

           The events on Saturday are totally free to attend for those who wish to drive in and attend them for the day only.  Those units planning to camp would only pay $10.00 PER UNIT (NOT per YOUTH/ADULT) to camp, and patches are $3.00.  The other events listed (which are not run by us) may have a cost associated with them, as stated on the form.  Council's are welcome to bring a "busload" as was requested by one council last year.  If you run a website, please feel free to link to our website.

           We're also looking for your "Scout Talent"!!  If your unit is the best at. . . . whatever (rope bridges, signal towers, teaching map reading, setting up orienteering courses, teaching knot tying, whatever). . . We want to showcase you - and let you "Show Off" what you're good at.  Let us know, and we'll give you a spot (booth/event) to 'Show Off' during the event.

           Of interest to teens may be our (relatively) new SLT SIMEX concept.  This event uses a video game to simulate small unit leadership and teamwork scenario's to reinforce positive teamwork/leadership skills.  We'd LOVE to have YOUR unit at the event, so visit the website (directions are listed, and an online registration form is available) and get ready to REPORT IN to the home of the Cavalry Scout!!!!!!!!!

                SCOUTS OUT!!!!!!!!

      The FKSC,
      P.O. Box 41
      Ft Knox KY 40121-0041
      BLD 1022, Morande Street
       Visit us online at:

      "The goodness of a person and of the society he or she lives in often comes down to very simple things and words found in the Scout Law. Every society depends on trust and loyalty, on courtesy and kindness, on bravery and reverence. These are the values of Scouting, and these are the values of Americans."

      President George W. Bush

      with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.