Re: Irish Radio Transmitters 75th Anniversary DXpedition to Swaziland

  • David Hutchinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3 12:06 AM
      Hi Richard
      Thanks for the compliment. Now its time to do the homework and get
      the QSL cards written. At least I'm not the QSL manager - Peter
      EI7CC has that role. He has over 15,000 QSOs to deal with and the
      cards are already coming in direct with the American Green stamps -
      all of which will go towards the Kip Kip project which is a project
      to train Swazi scouts in life skills and buy them chickens which
      they will then farm. I have been commissioned to write an account of
      the DXpedition for Practical Wireless magazine which of course will
      include photographs of which I have several thousand to select from.

      73 de David GI4FUM

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, " Richard A. Blank" <wb3bsa@...>
      wrote:

      > Nice score! One of these contests the SPARK Lodge ARC
      > members may work the whole contest from our club station
      > K3BSA. I took part in WPX worked 176 contacts and my
      > score was over 50,000. I did not put a lot of time into
      > the contest, but for an 8 to 9 hour time frame I think I
      > did ok from the Boy Scout Camp.
      >
      > 73,
      > Rick, WB3BSA
      > President/Program Director
      > SPARK Lodge, Camp Delmont
      > http://www.k3bsa.org
      > http://www.xmirep.com/wb3bsa

      DXpedition to Swaziland

      > >There were two scout leaders in the 3DA0 team - myself and Paul
      EI2CA.

      subscibe to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadioYouth