Re: [ScoutRadio] Irish Radio Transmitters 75th Anniversary DXpedition to Swaziland

  • Richard A. Blank
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
      Nice score! One of these contests the SPARK Lodge ARC
      members may work the whole contest from our club station
      K3BSA. I took part in WPX worked 176 contacts and my
      score was over 50,000. I did not put a lot of time into
      the contest, but for an 8 to 9 hour time frame I think I
      did ok from the Boy Scout Camp.

      73,
      Rick, WB3BSA
      President/Program Director
      SPARK Lodge, Camp Delmont
      http://www.k3bsa.org
      http://www.xmirep.com/wb3bsa

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2007
        Hi Richard
        Thanks for the compliment. Now its time to do the homework and get
        the QSL cards written. At least I'm not the QSL manager - Peter
        EI7CC has that role. He has over 15,000 QSOs to deal with and the
        cards are already coming in direct with the American Green stamps -
        all of which will go towards the Kip Kip project which is a project
        to train Swazi scouts in life skills and buy them chickens which
        they will then farm. I have been commissioned to write an account of
        the DXpedition for Practical Wireless magazine which of course will
        include photographs of which I have several thousand to select from.

        73 de David GI4FUM

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, " Richard A. Blank" <wb3bsa@...>

        subscibe to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadioYouth